Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on bringing this to a local tourney. And before I commit to building would like some feed back?

HQ
90pt, master of the forge
Elite
230pt, Terms (5) 1x cf, 5x sb, 1x cml, 1x pw
Troops
205pt, Tac (10) mg, ml, combi-grav, rhino
205pt, Tac (10) mg, ml, combi-grav, rhino
77pt, Scouts (5) 4x sniper, camo cloak, hb
Fast
125pt, storm talon, tl ac, shm
125pt, storm talon, tl ac, shm
Heavy
210pt, Dev (10) 2x lc, 2x pc
110pt, Dev (5) 4x hb
100pt, Thunderfire cannon
Inquisitor
72pt, power armour, lvl 1 (Divination), force sword, 3x servo skulls
Fortification
100pt, Ageis line, tl quad cannon

1649pt

Chapter tactics for imperial fists

Bolter drill
Dev squads have tank hunter

Tactics
Master of forge mans the quad gun, and re-enforces the terrain for the scouts to camp in. (So normally a 2+ cover save)
Terms are there for some bolter drill fun, and cml at long range
Tac squads are general purpose, bolter drill for horde, grav for big stuff, melta for tanks, and missiles for giggles. Will combat squad or stay together depending.
Storms to draw fire, and hunt flyers. (They are wasps, and as we know wasps are annoying, but not deadly, normally)
10 man Dev squad will combat squad, 2x lc, then 2x pc. And with Tank hunter will annoy tanks etc.
The other dev squad will be for horde control, but can take hull points from AV11 if pushed (re-roll for bolter drill, then re-roll penetrate fails, and as they can’t penetrate its re-roll all that are not 6)
Thunder fire cannon re-enforces terrain it sits in (Probably with a dev squad for company) and rains down small blasts
Ageis is for anti flyer, and av11
Inquisitor is to deny scout move, and infiltrate (servo skulls), also joins the las cannon dev squad for divination primirus power if no better one is rolled.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you guys think missile launchers, or multi-melta's would be better? Reason being that will push forward with tactical squads anyway, and a 24"-12" tanks denial might be better than a missile in the rear of the table. Also forces me to get forward to use the bolters & bolter drill.

Thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts