2x Daemon prince; wings/slaanesh/lash

Troops: 440 pts
two squads 10x CSM; 2x melta, rhino w/ EA

Elites: 380 pts
two squads 5x Chosen; 5x melta, rhino w/ EA

Heavy support: 470 pts
2x Vindicator; possession, havoc
Defiler; 2x CCW

I threw this list together after my thousand sons army kept getting rapefaced by my friends, because i had huge point sinks in both ahriman and typhus. Slapping both of change on them all, and a predator covered in lascannons didn't help either.

A friend of mine suggested dreadnoughts with a CCW, but i feel that a squad of melta chosen serves me better in the long run. i'm usually playing against a dark angels army with a deathstar squad in a land raider crusader. He tends to use the deathwing assault rule to punch the back of my lines, and hides all of his troops (split into squads of five) behind solid walls while he waits for his land raider to drop the one squad that absolutely destroys everything i throw at them.

Looking to get better at the game, and this is the result of me sitting down, reading all the costs, effects, and putting together what looks like it'd do well against most armies. any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Looks pretty good to me

I would drop the Havoc Launchers on the Vindicators though. Add in a champ to one squad, and give him a power weapon. That'll help you take out some guys fairly easily

Also, if you want, PM me your Thousand Sons list and I'll have a look at it if you want :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question. How would I modify this list to face, say, a horde army? swap two meltas on each chosen squad, and one melta on each CSM squad for flamers? What would i do with the 30 extra points?

·
Registered
240 Posts
i would say drop the defiler for a couple of obliterators. much more versatile and you already have the pie plates from the vindis (probably do you fine with the hordes).

i am a fan of the melta chosen myself, they kick ass, but you might find that you are better having another squad of csm for objective grabbing and drop one chosen squad. also have you considered dropping the extra armour on the rhinos to free up some points for powerfist champs? in my opinion they are a must.

hope it helps :) good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, playtested the list today.

Worked out pretty well, I'm liking the defiler more than the oblits, because there's only two of them, but I see how the versatility would become useful.

I've edited the list to remove extra armor on the rhinoes (they never -really- needed it in the games we played. it came in handy at some points, though.) and the havoc launchers on the vindicators. If they're going to die, i'll shave 30 points off them, so they can get their point values back more easily before dying. Added a champfist to the two CSM squads, but now i have an extra 10 points with nowhere to put them D:

·
Registered
853 Posts
A squad of Havocs armed with famers in a rhino would work well against swarms. Havocs are good chioces because you can take 4 heavy weapons and they are rather cheap. A Defiler is better against a hoard than Oblits. Their just too expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts