Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just been thinking about 15 point lists (yes we play this small, just starting out with 4 of us), and came up with the following tier list:

Master Necrotech Mortenbra +4pts
Derylis (free)
Harrower 5pts (discounted 10)
Slayer 5pts (discounted 6)
Warwitch Siren 2pts
Warwitch Siren 2pts
Total points: 14

Satisfys the requirements for tier 3 mortenbra, which discounts helljacks by 1 point as well as some other funky toys.

Thoughts? Comments?

·
Registered
802 Posts
We normally dont use tiers in games under 35 points as its extremly easy to gain tiers without giving up anything. Even 2 points in a 15 point games gives a decent advantage. I dont know a whole lot about that caster or else id give ya an opinion.

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that rule of thumb for 35 points and up for tiers. Morty at t2 gives all helljacks stealth for the first round, which is brutal. Shame I can't make it to t4 so quickly tho, 4 Helljacks required and it gives you a 5th one free

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Hey all,
Just been thinking about 15 point lists (yes we play this small, just starting out with 4 of us), and came up with the following tier list:

Master Necrotech Mortenbra +4pts
Derylis (free)
Harrower 5pts (discounted 10)
Slayer 5pts (discounted 6)
Warwitch Siren 2pts
Warwitch Siren 2pts
Total points: 14

Satisfys the requirements for tier 3 mortenbra, which discounts helljacks by 1 point as well as some other funky toys.

Thoughts? Comments?
If, as DoA says, teir lists shouldn't really be used for small point battles, what do you think your alternate would be? Probably just drop a Siren, and fill in the extra point?

In general, I like the list, those Warwitch Sirens are pretty nasty, the slayer is a cheap all rounder, and the Harrower is an excellent infantry clearer. I have a friend who uses a reaper to great effect, and I recommend that as an excellent Jack to replace your Slayer with, to use the extra point. Otherwise, 3 Scrap Thralls are the standard 1pt filler. I've seen them used very effectively for senario play, where you effectively have a 1/3rd point solo to capture objectives or table sections. This is especially useful in small point games, where an opponent doesn't have the resources to take care of them easily.

Anyway, hope that helps somewhat :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
If i remember scrap thralls cannot hold objectives. Models with a command of under a certain number cannot hold objectives and their command is under that mark. I dont have a rulebook on me atm or else id be more specific.
As for tiers you will have to play it yourself and make your own decision. That 2 extra points doesnt seem like a lot but not all tiers are created equal and your oponnent may find it hard to gain equal ground and still play a list he likes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts