Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okey Dokey Folks the first army list ive posted and actually sat down to create i might of rushed it but please let me know wat ya think

HQ
Highborn - Light Armour - Waywatcher Kindred - An Annoyance of Netlings - Hagbane Arrows - Sword Of Battle - 293 points

Spellweaver(level 3) - 215 points

core
Glade Guard With Musician Standard and Lords Bowman(14) -192
Dryads With Nymph(12) - 156
Glade Riders with Musician Standard and Horsemaster(8) - 228
Scouts(10) - 170

Special
Wardancers With Musician Bladesinger(6) - 129

Rare
Waywatchers With Shadow Sentinel(6) - 152

End Note I made this list using all of the wood elve minatures i own the wardancers and waywatchers are the older models but it saves me a bit of cash. any one got any idea's how i can improve this? or if its a decent starter army list

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Really Dreamseller, I like the variety of units in the army.

Other than that one comment, this post is pretty much a waste of space. I know virtually nothing about WElves and cannot offer any honest comments on the list itself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
dryads are really good for their points so if your planning to expand then i would get another unit of those.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
presumeably your making the army as a 2000pter but are a few models shirt at the moment?
Only you have lord lvl characters in your list, which you can't do in games of less than 2000pts. Also you have 2 lords which at less than 2000 u can only have 3 heros and no lords whilst at 2000 u can have 4 characters max with 1 able to be a lord

of the two i would stick with the highborn, and you could take 2 lvl 2 spellcasters over your lvl3, which are actually probably better. Give each one a dispell scroll at least as woodelves main weakness is vs magic.
adding a treeman, some more dryads and some wildriders would give you a fairly tough, hard hitting force and likely bring you up to the 2000pt mark to allow you to use the lord lvl characters

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm actually trying to keep it at 1500 points since i wanna spend money on my 40 army instead of going full on with my fantasy at the time being

so i was thinking of gettin rid of the spellweaver and making it a spellsinger.

also i dont wanna buy anything else for the army on warseer they want me to buy god knows how many things and to drop aload of models kinda pisses me off.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
if you wanna stick arond the 1500pt mark drop the characters down to hero lvl, and give the mage 2 dispell scrolls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts