Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 1500 benefit tournament coming up and I cannot make my mind up on troops. It doesn't have to be a min/max list, but there are prizes! :biggrin:Troops I actually own is csm/plague marines, which as as either, khorne bezerkers. Here is what I already have down.

5 Chosen w/ lascannon 125pts
5 Chosen w/ lascannon 125pts

plan to infiltrate them

3 Oblits. 225pts

1 Vindicator w/dp 145pts *
1 Vindicator w/dp 145pts *

Kharn 165pts

1 Dreadnought w/MM 100pts

This brings me to 1030 points with no troops. * I am unsure about 2 vindicators. Other heavy choices are available.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Berzerkers are a must have in my book, but I'm not a fan of Chosen as value for points and I would spend any left over points on good old fashioned CSM's as you don't have much that will hold an objective or at least hold some ground to deny enemy movement.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like the Predators and I always have at least 1. 2 Predators both with AC/HBs might not give you the most balanced amount of firepower, I always liked TL/LC with HB/SS for a more flexible anti amour/personnel type role.
But then AC turret with LC/SS's seems to be a cheaper option although I really do prefer the former option.

But with 3 obliterators and two units with lascannons some pure and cheap anti troop tanks might fit in well, I'm also a bit of a fan of the old Havoc launchers on anti troop vehicles as well

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
i would go berzerk! (ers), especially with kharn in the list. personally, i would take a 2 units of chosen with meltaguns and meltabombs, outflanking, they will cause major problems to your enemies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ya can't go wrong with Bezerkers and with Kharn but maybe one unit in a Rhino and another unit of CSM's to hold objectives or you could go some Terminators as they always punch hard and survive.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is my revised list. I test played against Tau and won by 1 objective. What changes should be made, if any?

Kharn 165

5 Chosen 125
lascannon

5 Chosen 125
lascannon

Dreadnought 115
MM/CCW, X-tra Armour

6 Plague Marines 256
2 meltas
1 Champ w/PF
Rhino

6 Plague Marines 256
2 meltas
1 Champ w/PF
Rhino

3 Obliterators 225

Predator 115
w/HL

Predator 115
w/HL

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would maybe put a PC on the Dreadnought to give it more range and a better anti troop/light vehicle capability as you already have plenty of Meltas and lascannons.

But its a nice balanced army, maybe light on troops but it should do well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here is a secondary list that might work. I am trying to stick with things I actucally own so I don't have to buy anything. All comments are welcomed and appreciated.

HQ
Kharn 165

Troop
4 Plague Marines
2 meltas
1 Champ w/PF

8 Bezerkers
1 Champ w/PF

8 Bezaerkers
1 Champ w/PF

HS
3 Oblits 225

Land Raider 240
Dozer blade, X-tra Armour

Havocs 165
4 ML, CG

Plague Marines are to ride in LR for defensive purposes and Kharn could ride in any of the 3 vehicles (depends on my opponents setup). I could change the upgrades on the LR for something else.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I like the first list better. I've always had luck with Las Chosen and your heavy support choices seem like they'll be able to put out the necessary fire-power. The only thing I would consider changing is the Meltas in the PM squads to Plasma.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you already own two LC models then putting them into the Havocks might be good and maybe put the Berserker's in the Landraider (they really hit hard that way) but it's still a good list and should work fine as is, although I do have to say again that Berserker's in a Landraider do rape the a** of enemy troops fast (not the nice rape either, I'm talking old school prison style, pillow biting brutality)

Maybe if you listed what models you currently have, someone might see some good exchanges?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i prefer the first list as well.

my recommendation was going to be why not use a melta gun and a flamer on the PM's, since you have decent anti-tank all around, and drop the HL on the Preds and the Dread altogther for another squad of PMs or CSM?

but even if you don't modify it your first list is better.

good hunting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts