ELITE
10xStern, 6xcombi-mg, 4xcombi-flamer, rhino, ea
Dreadnought, mm, hf, dccw
Dreadnought, mm, hf, dccw

FAST
Speeder, mm, hf
Speeder, mm, hf
3xAttack bikes, mm

Zero long range threats. Circa 27 short/med range threats, twin-linked. All I need to make it are the three attack bikes. Worth it? What can be improved on?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
not much if you have the models ready to go save for three of them.

i'd drop the combi on the tact squads, get a flamer ('cos it's free) and consider ML for a long range threat.

i'd put your Sternies in a drop pod for an alpha strike or to kill a high level threat on your second turn and kill high threat targets. i'd switch to dakka preds if you can't pod your Dreadnoughts.

lastly i'd use 3 HF/MM LS.

or even consider dropping the Attack Bikes for ML or even PC Devastators. you have so much anti tank being able to kill heavy infantry or light armore could be useful, and it would help with horde control.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think it is an interesting setup. I think a DP would make the sternguard more of a threat and allow you to put Vulkan in a transport unit.

You are light in the anti-horde abilities IMO

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i'd drop the combi on the tact squads, get a flamer ('cos it's free) and consider ML for a long range threat.
Is it wise to dilute the short-range threat in order to have weak long-range threat? Also no TL on ML.

i'd put your Sternies in a drop pod for an alpha strike or to kill a high level threat on your second turn and kill high threat targets. i'd switch to dakka preds if you can't pod your Dreadnoughts.
CLT40K and Grinnsira also suggested DPs so looks like I should listen! Am I right believing that this needs to work like a prickly mid-table ball? If so, that makes me feel like I have to go lots of DP or no DP: 5x let's say. Drop the Rhinos, pod up all the infantry and the dreads. Those lizards look good btw CLT40K; I like the orange membranes. Obsidian though, what a pain. Seems to want a translucent green-glassy effect on the blades. How to get that?

lastly i'd use 3 HF/MM LS.
You could be right about the speeder. It's the sort of refinement that should come from playing the list. Will do that and report back. Oh, about preds. Am currently avoiding them as no Vulkan-bonus and again dilute. Spam, spam, spam, and spam, and all that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts