Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is what im planning on building for a GT here in the UK, i do want to try and keep it as a themed Ulthwe force, so it has very limited aspect warriors, if any at all. Please feel free to C&C and make any suggestions that might help this list win games.

Farseer w/SS, Spirit stones, RoWarding, doom, guide, fortune, mind war -173

x5 warlocks w/x5 WB, x1 enhance, x1 embolden, x3 destructor -175

x11 Guard def w/SL -103
x1 Warlock w/SS, embolden -33
x1 WS w/ TL SC, SS -135

x11 Guard def w/ SL -103
x1 WS w/TL SC, SS- 135

x11 Guard storm w/x2 fusion guns -100
x1 Warlock w/WB, enhance -40
x1 WS w/TL SC, SS -135

x1 Falcon w/ pulse laser, SL, holofields, SS -175
x1 Fire prism w/ Holofields, SS -160

Total is 1500 exactly

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
That is a TON of powers to take on a normal Farseer, its better to pick 1-3 (2 being the best bet) and stick with those. Also, my math has him at 188 points not 173.

I'm a bigger fan of Storm Guardians than the Defender variant, so I would like to see more of those instead. That is just a preference thing though, not too much effect on the in game result.

Wave Serpents with Twin-Linked Star Cannons? Those really are too pricey for what they bring to the table. I would suggest the more expensive BL option as you lack a better method of dealing with high AV's, but Scatter Lasers may be more effective dealing with Orks and light transports.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the input Styro, as your the only one have some +rep. So this the revised list with my farseer with 1 less power, I also took the Holofields off the Falcon and fire prism to save on some points and changed the TL SC on the WS to TL SL. These changes made way for a 3man squad of Dark Reapers just for that extra SM killy death. As for the heavier armoured tanks like LR, im not expecting to see that many in 1500pt tourny, just if i do that will be the storm Gaurdians job with their fusion guns. So what do you think? Please comment and critisise as you see fit thanx.

Farseer w/SS, Spirit stones, RoWarding, doom, fortune, mind war -168

x5 warlocks w/x5 WB, x1 enhance, x1 embolden, x3 destructor -175

x11 Guard def w/SL -103
x1 WS w/ TL SL, SS -125

x11 Guard def w/ SL -103
x1 WS w/TL SL, SS- 125

x11 Guard storm w/x2 fusion guns -100
x1 Warlock w/WB, enhance -40
x1 WS w/TL SL, SS -125

x1 Falcon w/ pulse laser, SL, SS -140
x1 Fire prism w/SS -125
x3 Dark reapers w/Reaper launch -105

Total is 1500

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
If you're going to spend that much on a Farseer you might aswell buy Eldred. He is far supierior in every way and can actually hurt people in CC.
If your Falcon is the Seer council Caddy, then keep it. If notm dump it.
Guardians in general suck hard. Proxy Dire Avengers as Black Guardians.

Overall I think the list is pretty weak compared to other 1500 point lists avaliable to the eldar. Ulthwe took it hard when it comes down to theme/competitive balance. So your best bet is to either drop the Ulthwe theme, or bend some fluff rules.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i take Eldrad i will still have 63pts spare, any suggestions as to spend them. I know Ulthwe took a hard hit but i have had alot of success with the Guardians over the years so would like to keep them, also the Falcon will be for the council and i will be keeping it. Thanx for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts