Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
We fly for the Emperor!
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just started to play W40K and I am going to play SM for some time. Here is my list, please give me some advices because this is my first attempt at building a list :
HQ - 100 points
  • Librarian (Null Zone, Gate of Infinity)
Troops - 595 points
  • 2 x Tactical Squad (7 x Boltgun, 1 x Meltagun, 1 x LC, Sergeant has Power Fist)
  • 1 x Tactical Squad (7 x Boltgun, 1 x Flamer, 1 x ML)
Elite - 305 points
  • Terminator Assault Squad (5 x TH)
  • Dreadnought (TL Autocannon)
Heavy - 490 points
  • Land Raider (Extra Armor, MM)
  • Predator (LC on Side Sponson)
Please give me some advice, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Hi all, I just started to play W40K and I am going to play SM for some time. Here is my list, please give me some advices because this is my first attempt at building a list :
HQ - 100 points
  • Librarian (Null Zone, Gate of Infinity)
Personally I prefer might of the ancients or smite, I get more kills than nullifying an invulnerable save. Who is he with?

Troops - 595 points
  • 2 x Tactical Squad (7 x Boltgun, 1 x Meltagun, 1 x LC, Sergeant has Power Fist)
Try and give them rhinos. I would replace the first 2 tactical squads LC with either MM or Missile launcher

• 1 x Tactical Squad (7 x Boltgun, 1 x Flamer, 1 x ML)
Again, give them a rhino. Apart from that good. I'm assuming your sergeant has no wargear?

Elite - 305 points
  • Terminator ssault Squad (5 x TH)

• Should do well, especially if they are in the landraider (if I remember you can assault upon disembarking from one.) A lot of points though, so keep that in mind.
  • Dreadnought (TL Autocannon)

Heavy - 490 points
  • Land Raider (Extra Armor, MM)

• Don't see the point in giving a land raider extra armour, depends on who you play, and it has the best Armour available, so it will take a lot to pop it. Another big point sink, so be careful. Be careful, if your terminators are in here, be careful about the land raider getting popped, as your terminators could suffer because of that. And then thats what, 400 points wasted?

• good.
Consider changing this to a dakka predator. you got an anti-armour, you don't wanna lag against infantry. And dakka preds can kill a lot.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
314 Posts

HQ - 100 points
Librarian (Null Zone, Gate of Infinity)

Good, who's he hanging with though?

Troops - 595 points
2 x Tactical Squad (7 x Boltgun, 1 x Meltagun, 1 x LC, Sergeant has Power Fist)
1 x Tactical Squad (7 x Boltgun, 1 x Flamer, 1 x ML)

Tac squads, well, suck (read this). You take 2 cause you have to, and unless you're running Razor spam, no more. Those 2 should always be in Rhinos, and carry the tried and true combo of MM & flamer, nothing more. Especially avoid CC upgrades on sarges, tacs are shit in assaults, giving them CC upgrades is like giving assault marines MLs, it makes no sense.

Elite - 305 points
Terminator Assault Squad (5 x TH)

Good. Currently one of the most (if not the most) cost effective and generally amazing units in the game. Just one point, take your LR as a dedicated transport for them instead of in HS, it doesn't matter now but if you ever expand this list it will.

Dreadnought (TL Autocannon)

Good, 2 points though:
1. Your pricing is wrong, TL ACs cost 10 points.
2. Make it 2x TL ACs, it's called the rifleman dread and it makes rhinos cry.

Heavy - 490 points
Land Raider (Extra Armor, MM)

Fine, just make it a crusader. Single raiders die though, more on this later.

Predator (LC on Side Sponson)
Predator (LC on Side Sponson)

Alright, personally prefer rifleman dreads though.

Okay, first things first: What you have won't work at 1500. Bump it up to 2000 and throw in another LRC full of hammernators and it's all good, but with a single crusader you're just asking for podguard, LSs, zoanthropes etc. to drop in and destroy your basket of eggs. Having to of them alleviates this somewhat, generally guaranteeing that at least one of your hammernator squads will get to go apeshit in your enemies back field. So working with that you've got to options, bump this up to 2k or kiss the termies goodbye:

Option 1

HQ
Librarian
Null Zone, The Avenger

Rides with the assault squad neutering invuls and occasionally flaming out the top.

Elites
10 Assault termies
w/ 10 THs/SSs
LRC w/ EA, MM

Combat squad, 5 in each raider, drive up, hop out and beat face.

Elites
Rifleman dread (dread w/ 2x TL AC)

Elites
Rifleman dread

Take down transports/heavy infantry, can tarpit if necessary.

Troops
10 tac squad
w/ MM, Flamer
Rhino

Troops
10 tac squad
w/ MM, Flamer
Rhino

Drive these into the midfield, park'em (on/near objectives), and slag/BBQ anything that gets near you.

FA
5 Assault squad
w/ flamer
Rhino

Gives your libby a place to hang, and can drive around BBQing.

FA
Speeder
w/ MM, HF

FA
Speeder
w/ MM, HF

Generally DS, slag heavy armour (LR, LRBT, etc.) and then BBQ for crowd control and block transports.

HS
LRC
w/ EA, MM

A ride for your termies.

That leaves you 45 points under, so go ahead and grab a fist on the Assault sarge and combi-meltas on the tac sarges.

Option 2:

HQ
Librarian
Null Zone, The Avenger

Same as #1..

Elites
Rifleman dread (dread w/ 2x TL AC)

Elites
Rifleman dread

Elites
Rifleman dread

Same as #1.

Troops
10 tac squad
w/ MM, Flamer
Rhino

Troops
10 tac squad
w/ MM, Flamer
Rhino

Same as #1.

FA
5 Assault squad
w/ flamer
Rhino

Same as #1.

FA
Speeder
w/ MM, HF

FA
Speeder
w/ MM, HF

FA
Speeder
w/ MM, HF

Same as #1.

HS
Dakka Pread (Pread w/ HB sponsons)

HS
Dakka Pread

HS
Dakka Pread

Sit back and chew up light armour (LSs, Rhinos, trukks, etc.) and infantry.

And again you've got 45 points left, so grab the same upgrades as before (PF, 2 combi-meltas)

So there you go, 2 lists that use mostly the same models and should do well against all comers. Also (relatively) easy to play. PM me if you have any questions.
Good Hunting

P.S. Your code's really annoying when someones trying to edit your list, try a using a different format (i.e. all same size).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts