Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a first draft of a list for a friendly tournament in a couple of months. My play style is run-and-eat.

1500 points

HQ
Flyrant, two twin devourers with brainleech worms

Elite
2 Zoanthropes

Troops
15 Hormogaunts
14 Hormogaunts
30 Termagants
Tervigon

Fast Attack
5 Raveners, 2 with Rending Claws

Heavy Support
Carnifex, twin devourers with brainleech worms
Trygon Prime
Exocrine

The plan is for two fast moving attack groups, consisting of hormogaunts, raveners and the prime, and hormogaunts, the dakkafex and the zoans. The flyrant will be anti-air and roving synapse. The tervigon will be central synapse, with the termagants and spawned gants providing cover and firepower. The exocrine will stomp up the board spitting templates until combat happens, when it will spit streams instead.

Am I missing anything blatant here? Rending claws can open tanks, as can the 5 MCs, zoans and potentially the Exocrine's guns. The hordes can charge into combat and, whilst lacking my usual toxin sacs, could still do damage. Failing that, they can grab objectives and let the MCs handle combat. Plenty of Synapse, most of which is rock hard. The 2 zoans could even be 2 choices, as I have no other elites.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i like the raveners but i feel the shrike with laswhips and t/s will out preform them..im trying hard to find a job for the raveners myself

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I like the raveners more, is they have more attacks on the charge, they ignore difficult terrain (and can finish their 12" move in it without penalty), and don't have to sacrifice their 12" move when they charge (which they can reroll anyway). They are sickeningly fast. The 2 with rending claws can also deal with tanks.

I did contemplate Shrikes, as they are synapse, but that would also mean more converting :wink: I'm already converting the Exocrine...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts