Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to make a Lamenters list using Blood Angels rules, along with the Forge World rules for Malakim Phoros which are here; http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/C/Charcterupdate.pdf

HQ
Malakim Phoros – 175pts
-w/Death Company

1 x Sanguinary Priest -85pts
-Hand-Flamer
-Jump-Pack

Elites
8 x Death Company – 160pts
-w/Malakim Phoros

8 x Death Company – 187pts
-w/Sanguinary Priest
-Jump-Packs

1 x Death Company Dreadnought – 145pts
-Blood Talons
-2 x Heavy Flamers

Troops
5 x Tactical Marines – 85pts
-Grav Gun

5 x Tactical Marines – 85pts
-Grav Gun

Dedicated Transports
Nothing

Fast Attack
10 x Assault Marines – 190ts
-2 x Meltaguns

10 x Assault Marines – 180ts
-2 x Flamers

Heavy Support
1 x Stormraven Gunship – 205pts
-Twin-Linked Multi-Melta
-Extra Armour

The list is very melee and Death Company oriented, with a squad of Tac marines with a Grav Gun for range support, the Assault Marines tie up enemy units in melee along with anti-vehicle and anti-troop damage, while the Death Company acts as a hammer to smash the two most important parts of the enemy army in concert. The Stormraven ferries the Death Company with Malakim Phoros and the Dread which provides heavy anti-infantry cover, while the Priest and his Death Company squad fly into the enemy.

At least all that is the theory of someone who plays Dark Eldar and not Space Marines, but would like to branch out. Criticism and critique of this list is welcome.

LotN

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I like where you're going with the list, though have you missed typing in another Tactical squad? Otherwise she's Unbound, which is a bit strange. Aside from that it's my experience that Death Company die terribly in a Stormraven if your opponent has decent anti-air.

I've no experience with Phoros but it seems to me that while he wants to be in a combat unit you're not using his Rage Unto Death until the DC are dead and he's potentially joined another squad. I'd rather take Astorath and play both DC units as Jump infantry.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like where you're going with the list, though have you missed typing in another Tactical squad? Otherwise she's Unbound, which is a bit strange. Aside from that it's my experience that Death Company die terribly in a Stormraven if your opponent has decent anti-air.
Ah yes, I thought there was something odd there. I have made the following changes based on that;

-Removed the Priest's Lightning Claw.
-Reduced both Death Company Squads by one.
-Removed the Stormraven's Hurricane Bolters
-Added a second 5-man Grav Combat-Squad.

Hopefully that will make the list viable.

LotN

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Personally I would prefer to keep the LC on the Priest (it's how I run mine to great effect), and would sacrifice Extra Armour on the SR and the Hand Flamer to accommodate it.

As for viable...well, that depends more on who you're facing than the list I'm finding. When I play my BA against people who just want to have fun playing the game it tends to be a close match with me winning or losing by just a bit. When I face people who use dual Ogryn-stars or a couple Riptides (or whatever other 'hilarious' thing they can think of), I fold like origami (though I seem to put up a better fight the larger the points battle it seems).

How do you like Grav? Since my main army only just (really, anyway) gained access to it I have very little experience.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you like Grav? Since my main army only just (really, anyway) gained access to it I have very little experience.
No idea. Never played Space Marines before, barely even played 40k at all truthfully (3 games, 2 wins), but I plan on properly starting to play this year and I want to amass a third army. It's either Space Marines (Lamenters) or Necrons.

LotN

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I love both armies :laugh: They really are my two favourite. Necrons will likely be the more competitive of choices if that's what you're in to for gaming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts