Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am currently mustering an Ork Kult of Speed. I've played against Orks before and seen them both reign on opponents and get completely massacred. Im hoping this list will result in the former. I haven't played Orks before but have an eldar army which seems to kick ass in close combat so I'm using a similar logic-quick, lots of vehicles and cover saves. Thought Id set up a thread and see what y'all think.

Sunz of Mork List:

Warboss, Bike, Power Klaw, cybork, Attack Squig, bosspole =155
4 Nob Bikers, (1 power klaw, 1 pain boy, grot orderly, 2 big Choppas, Waargh banner) = 265

Big Mek, Kustom Forcefield, Grot Oiler = 90
19 Boyz (Nob power klaw, bosspole) =154
Battle Wagon, death roller, red paint, hard case, extra armour, = 140

6 warbikes, 1 Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole = 190

6 warbikes, 1 Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole = 190

12 Boyz, Slugga+Choppas, 1 Nob, Power Klaw + Bosspole
Trukk, Reinforced Ram, graot riggas=157

12 Boyz, Slugga+Choppas, 1 Nob, Power Klaw + Bosspole
Trukk, Reinforced Ram, Grot Rigga = 157

Total 1498

Have got Big mek to protect the wagon and Trukks. PowerKlawz to make each unit a menace in its own right. Lotss of different troup types in My Nobz to take advantage of wound allocation and a painboy to make em tougher. rams on the trukks to give them tank shock to route the enemies shoooty units and grot riggaz to get them back on their feet again if they become immobilized. The Mek has an oiler to help him to get the wheel rolling again if it becomes destroyed and the wagon has red paint to help it keep up with the trukks.

Looks like it will gel pretty well. My main question is should I replace the warboss with wazzdakka and drop some stuff.

let me know what u think.

It looks

Please look where you are posting threads in the future, army lists belong in the appropriate sub-forum. - darkreever

·
4,491 Posts
Drop the Grot Oiler, the 'Ard Case, and Grot Riggas.

And if you are going to run 2 units of Warbikers, i would run Wazdakka.
Only problem is then that your Nobs arent scoring.

I personally would either drop 1 unit of Warbikers for more Boyz (or beef up the Nobz), or else drop the Nobz and add Wazdakka and spend remaining points on more Boyz or Warbikers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the feed back, I was thinking of dropping the extra protection hard case offers for a quicker assault. with the points you have freed up I can take on Wazdakka-My warboss has a cool cannon conversion so it would be nice to use it as a Dakka Cannon. I like the idea of running a lot of scoring units but am going to keep the Nobz for the moment. I've been running a command unit with my eldar and and if nothing else it helps to keep the general alive and boosts his close combat effectiveness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks for the advise. Play tested them yesterday. Wazdakka got very lucky but kept blowing marine vehicles up before I could assault. thinking of cyborking the Nobz and ditching wazdakka. Thought about using a killa cannon and putting 12 hard boyz in the wagon. Points will need to be rejuggled but that is cool. Problem with Killacannon is that it slows down the deathrolla. Will keep the trukks as they are intended as fodder units that can deliver an ass whopping if my opponent ignores them.

·
Registered
583 Posts
also keep in mind, your running semi-expensive orks! if you run shootas in trukks (say like 4 or so!) helicopters, bikers or buggies and a boss or two.... you can two or more separate firing bases (2+ groups) and force the enemy to pick where to shoot... basicly saving the others from a hell storm of lead!

other then that i dig your army but i see a rather depressing body count

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers, it looks the part. ive added some deathkopters and taken reduced the numbers of orks. I think ill get some more trucks was also considering another wagon with a deathrolla. it was pretty funny flattening a rhino even if it didn't get me much in the way of kill points

1 - 7 of 7 Posts