20x cultists

7x bikes
- 2x melta
- excess
- mos

Heldrake

Heldrake

Heldrake

Huron infiltrates with noise marines onto objective, laying down 51 bolter shots a turn. Lord runs with bikes for combat/Anti tank. Cultists claim objectives and heldrakes burn things.
Does that work better?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe he expects me to take them, and so I will counter the points he is spending on Anti-Air by taking fast CC units. It could work?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
How much AA do you think he will field. Heldrakes are pretty durable.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Where are you getting 4 Heavy Support choices and only 2 Troops? The army's illegal right now. If you want double force org, you need more troops.

I've got to agree that Helldrakes are just too good NOT to take. They eat guard for breakfast, and they're as durable as fliers can get. You could have them bbq a platoon of guard in one round AND Vector strike a Vendetta, all in the same turn.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
If you can squeeze the points to get yourself some blastmasters that would be well worth it.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Adding 2 Blastmasters to the Noise Marine squad would be enough firepower to kill just about anything. I'd probably take them out of the bikes; they're good, but not amazing compared to those Blastmasters.

I'm tempted to suggest a Daemon Prince... going back to your original Mace Flier, because it really is strong, and maybe a few Raptors to support it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts