Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, so this is one of my first eldar lists made, also one of the first warhammerlists made and I was hoping for advice :p

Eldar list 1500

Autarch 125p
+Warp Jump Generator
+Mandiblasters
+Power Weapon
+Fusion Gun

Dire Avengers 10x12p 152p
+Exarch; Bladestorm, two Avenger Shuriken Catapults(4 assault)

Dire Avengers 10x12p 152p
+Exarch; Bladestorm, two Avenger Shuriken Catapults(4 assault)

Warp Spiders 10x22p 262p
+Exarch; Spinnret rifle, Powerblandes, Withdraw

Warp Spiders 10x22p 262p
+Exarch; Spinnret rifle, Powerblandes, Withdraw

Dark Reapers 5x35p 217p
+Exarch; Tempest Launcher, Crack Shot

Fire Prism 115p

Fire Prism 115p

Total 1400p

Any idea what to do with the last 100 points? Any other advice?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Welcome to Heresy.

List is a pretty solid for a beginning list, but some would argue it lacks some of the hard hitting units (Banshees, Dragons, Seer Councils) available to the Eldar but it’s decent as is.

I would drop the second unit of Spiders and use the remaining points in getting Serpents for your DA and trick them out with BL, Stones, and Chin Cannons.

Buy the same upgrades for your Prisms.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I relooked your list. You have 2 vehicles. They are pretty much your only AT weapons. You need to give them holo fields and spirit stones to help kep them alive. I would say reduce your warp spiders to add in a wave serpent and some fire dragons. If you want to keep it foot based I would do the upgrades to the prisms, and add another autarch like you have. Balance your two warp spider sets with exarchs and autarchs. It would be fun to play.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'd lose the Power Blades on the Warp Spiders for sure. They don't really want to be in CC at all, Autarch support or not. On the same note, the Spinneret Rifle actually has a slightly less of a chance of getting a wound in against anything with a 3+ save or worse than the Dual Spinners. The worse the save the more wounds the Dual Spinners could be causing compared to the Rifle's one. The Spinneret Rifle does get a chance to cause Pinning, though, if you see that as a fair trade off.

I agree that the Dire Avengers could use a couple of transports and Bright Lances and Stones are going to be the right way to go.

Two units of Warp Spiders are kind of expensive for this points level, but not impossible to work with. They do take a fair bit of practice to get the proper use out of them though. In this case, I would suggest losing the Dark Reapers to free up the points for the transports. Just don't be too shocked when these guys are not as awesome as they were in the Dawn of War videogame. That happens a lot with them.

The Dark Reaper set up is actually spot on. Great job on that! Crack Shot is the perfect power for the Tempest Launcher and even some more experienced players will say Fast Shot is the way to go but it is typically not the case. Crack Shot nets you as many wounds as Fast Shot and will always ignore cover. Fast Shot better backs up the EML option by giving you two BS 5 Str 8 shots against vehicles and such.

If you haven't bought the models yet, consider keeping the Dark Reapers instead of the Warp Spiders. It is half the cost (money) for a unit of these as a full unit of Spiders and may prove just as effective and a lot more straight forward.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hmmm a footdar list. Problem with eldar on foot is they don't have awesome armour saves and aren't tough so they die like a sack of spuds. Problem is as well you've got two tanks which will attract all the anti tank power and they'll be dust quickly. IMHO I'd mech this list up taking wave serpents, take brightlances on the serpents with shuri cannons so you can bust tanks and tackle infantry too ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts