Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been building this army up slowly for a while and wanted your opions on this list. It's quite simple too.

Lysander - 200pts
Libarian Epistolary w/ Plasma Pistol - 165pts
5 Command Squad w/ 4 Plasma Guns - 175pts
10 Marines w/ Multi-melta, Meltagun, Combi-melta - 185pts
10 Marines w/ Flamer, Missile launcher - 170pts
10 Sternguard w/ 4 Combi-melta's - 270pts
Ironclad Dreadnought w/ Hammer, DCW, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, 2 Hunter-killer missiles - 165pts
5 Drop Pods - 175pts

Total 1505pts

I need to drop 5pts somewhere as i mis counted the points. The Libarian will have Null Zone and soemthign else and will be with the Command Squad while Lysander will be with the Sternguard(to make best use of Bolter drill). The Ironclad has 2 Hunter-killers as it can't assult the turn it arrives so i felt that giving as much ranged attack possible would be a good idea and even if it was poped on turn 2 it would still be able to fire both missiles(unless 1 missile got lucky)

Opions on how to drop those 5pts and also suggestions on how to expand it to 2000pts too would be welcomed along with the normal Verbal crusifixsion. :grin:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Lysander - 200pts
Libarian Epistolary w/ Plasma Pistol - 165pts
5 Command Squad w/ 4 Plasma Guns - 175pts Drop a plasma gun here
10 Marines w/ Multi-melta, Meltagun, Combi-melta - 185pts change combi to flame
10 Marines w/ Flamer, Missile launcher - 170pts add a combi melta
10 Sternguard w/ 4 Combi-melta's - 270pts
Ironclad Dreadnought w/ Hammer, DCW, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, 2 Hunter-killer missiles - 165pts
5 Drop Pods - 175pts

That should put you at 1500 points and add a little more punch

·
Registered
648 Posts
Not a fan of the goofy plasma spam unit. Plasma isn't powerful enough to seriously threaten mech.

Dropping the Sternies and 2 Dreads with Tacticals and Speeders in support would be nice. Hell, go for a MotF and take 2 units of Sternguard and Dreads in Heavy Support.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the main problem is that i love the idea of a plasma commad squad. Yes each one costs a fortune so losing 1 hurts but the fact is that my Plasma weapon won't be shooting at most tanks and if any they will shoot at the light armour such as speeders, Rhinos etc.
I don't really want to use anything that can take a pod. To me taking 3 odd pods and a few speeders jsut semes silly to me.

I could drop 1 combi-melta to fit it into the limits and it should work. The main problem is also fitting in everyhtign i want to the 1500pts limit tho for the 2000pts was thinking a normal dread and maybe another tactial squad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts