Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently made a friendly little wager with a friend of mine to see who could assemble and paint the "best" looking IG based army. I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to buy and get a decent little Krieg army going. Since I don't have much knowledge of them, I wanted to ask my fellow heretics what they thought would be a decent 1500pts list.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did some quick research and found this list. Any thoughts or changes to it?

HQ
1 x CCS - Centaur, 1 x Meltagun

Elites
1 x Heavy Mortar
1 x Heavy Mortar
1 x Heavy Mortar

Troops
1 x PCS - 2 x Plasmaguns
20 x Infantry - 2 x Flamer, Commissar with Powerfist
10 x Infantry - Flamer
3 x Autocannon
3 x Lascannon
5 x Engineers - Meltabombs, Demo Charge, Hades Breaching Drill
5 x Engineers - Meltabombs, Demo Charge, Hades Breaching Drill

Fast Attack
1 x Hellhound
2 x Cyclops Demolition Vehicle

Heavy
1 x Leman Russ - Heavy Bolter sponsoons
1 x Earthshaker platform
1 x Earthshaker platform

·
Registered
136 Posts
How fluffy do you want it? I'd take off the PF from the commissar and stick it on the Commander instead. Maybe try and get more special weapons and heavy weapons into your command squads. They can fire out of centaurs right?

Maybe an Aegis Defence line?

Edit: Removed stuff that doesn't work for FW guard rules, only regular.

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's mainly going to be used as a paint comp against my friend. I'll obviously start playing them but this list is focused around fun models to build/paint.

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want it pretty dang fluffy now that I think about it, and yea they can fire out of the centaur..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi,

If you're going for fluffy and painting showcase... i'd take as many different models/units as possible.

So, don't take 3 elite mortars (are these the thud guns? if not... those really belong with DKoK) and look at a laser rappier battery. Those things are awesome. Deathriders are also awesome models (or you can convert bikers, bicycles, whatever) and belong to the DKoK.

On to play/win/optimize:
HQ- CCS, these boys have good BS4, drive an open-topped vehicle and have Ld10 orders. They need plasmaguns. (2 max with DKoK I think I remember.)
EL- Mortars, taking something (anything) 3 times is mosten frowned upon when you use the word "fluffy". It also doesn't fit with showcasing models and painting skills.
TR- PCS, have BS3 and really benefit from flamers and a heavy flamer. But they need a transport.
TR- I don't recall DKoK infantry squads being able to blob... if they can, take the heavy weapons in these squads with higher Ld so orders work better.
TR- HWT, these guys are T3 firemagnets with Ld7 "run away guarantee"... I like taking heavy weapons in squads more.
TR- Engineers with Hades drill, now this is really DKoK. Just give these guys meltaguns (not bombs) and kill armour and Teq with them.
FA- Hellhound... a rare breed nowadays with FA slots taken by vendetta's, but you can't take those... so hellhound is fine.
FA- Cyclop, nice trick unit if you can deploy it outside LoS. Most oponents just forget them and when they walk within range... klaboOom. (Just be sure to hide the operator out of sight... very squishy.
HS- The basic Russ... just sucks at everything. If you want if for painting armour. Just do it.
HS- Earthshaker Platform, yes. That is one underpriced model that does perform!

I'd look into that laser rappier battery. Very high toughness that is also used against the crewmen. So take 6 crewmen, deploy the first 4 forwards of the gun and laugh at any attempt to kill them. Hell, take two and kill enemy armour with ease.

Good luck, and enjoy painting!

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input man. I definitely appreciate it. I Don't what I was thinking when I wrote down mortar teams, definitely meant thudd guns. I've also been looking at those deathriders as well, they look like they'd be a lot of fun to paint!

Thanks again man. I've got a few things I got of of eBay that I'm waiting to come in, kind of upset that FL is out of stock of majority of their DKoK models...makes me sad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts