Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im swapping armies with my friend, im using his dark eldar and he's using my tau.

HQ
lelith hespera, 9 wyches, plasma grenades, 2 blasters, succubus, agonizers, goblet of spite, raider, nightshield

326pts

Troops
4 x 6 wyches, plasma grenades, 3 blasters, succubus, agonizer, raider, nightshiled, 195

780pts

heavy support
3 x ravagers, night shiled, two disentegrators, 130 pts

390pts

1490pts

any suggestions for edits or tactics?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would suggest giving the Wyches Wych Weapons, then take off the Goblet. You could fit in a few more points if you took the nightshields off the raiders, though that's more of personal preference, I don't really find them to be useful, especially on Wyches. Also, don't mix and match weapons on the Ravagers, go with either 3x DL or 3x Dizzy. I normally run 3x Dizzy, 3x Dizzy, 3x DL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, the Ravagers are under-priced by 5pts a piece, and I believe the Wych squads are overpriced by 9pts a piece (assuming that they are only taking the limit of two blasters per squad). I run the same ravager build as you (in-case I lose my anti-tank ravager first turn) but Dragearen is definitely right as his configuration is the most effective.

If you take out the goblet of spite and consider the point differences above your troops can squeeze in Wych weapons (I don't believe Lelith's squad needs them due to her own).

Overall looks good and competitive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As Dragearon said really - Wyche Weapons are what make them sooooo good in CC, with the night shields - you want the raiders to get your wyche squads as close as possibe, so that extra 6" isn't going to do much for you.
Also, unless you are going up against a seriously heavy tank line, i think you are wasting points by giving plasma grenades to every squad (Just a though)
and oh yeah, dont split ravager weapons.

Not a bad list, but I would make those changes personally.
Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts