Fast Attack Total=420pts

land raider,storm bolter 255pts

Heavy Support Total=255pts

Total=1500pts

Any Advice Welcome

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Welcome to Heresy! Always good to see another lover of red armour join the ranks :drinks:

That's a lot of Melta! Some questions on your list before I say what I would change:

1. Do you own any of the other Land Raider variant's weapons?

2. Are your tied to your HQs as they are?

3. Is this your whole collection and you're just trying to use all your models or is there some specific 'thing' you're going after with these selections?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.i can get my hands on a standard raider or redeemer i chose the standard one for the lascannons

2.not really i only chose them to buff death company

3.i only own the tactical squads at the moment. my thing was flamers and melta i like fire lol

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Sounds like a good time! I don't know how this snuck past me in the notifications...

The Redeemer will do you better than the Lascannon variant will. More transport capacity and you get a way more assault-oriented loadout that will benefit you at short range (where it's likely to be if your opponent doesn't blow it up).

The Priest really doesn't do much for Death Company since they already have FnP and the Chaplain gives them re-rolls on the charge. I'd suggest either finding another squad to put him in or dropping him from this list. FnP is handy on T5 Bikers, but I find a Priest readily turns an Assault squad into something more like DC with the added Furious Charge and +1 Initiative bonus on the charge (if you go with the BSFD, which is how I always play them these days).

Flamers and Meltas are key! I typically kit my Tactical squads out with a Melta and Heavy Flamer, but I also don't play bikes all over my BA so I can see why you went full fire abuse.

Overall I think I would rather see Jump Packs on the DC instead of them in a LR of any variant, I like that unit fast and a LR is a massive points investment at this level. Don't get me wrong, I own three of them, but I tend to only use them at 2K+ unless my opponent is also 'playing for fun' (ie. not playing the most competitive things out of their books).

It's late and I need to sleep...I'll post back when I get some more thought on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts