Blood Talons, Magna Grapple, Heavy Flamer

Tactical Squad (220pts)
10 man squad, Flamer, Heavy Bolter, Rhino, Veteran Sergeant
Bolt Pistol, Chainsword

Heavy Support (200pts)

Stormraven Gunship (200pts)
Twin Linked Assault Cannon, Twin Linked Multi Melta

The idea is pretty straight forward
, Reclusiarch, death company and dred in stormraven fly in turn 2 destroy some armour turn 3 dismount and assault dismounted troops could be abit of over kill so ill just pick the targets as I see them, stormraven carry on zooming and picking off targets.

Priest with each ras, both ras start on the table with flamer squad making its way to the far obj hopefully allowing the 4 templates to clear it and concentrating on infantry whilst melta squad see where the tough targets are and go for them then try and hold middle obj hopefully poping any armour that try's to steel it
Then tac tack back obj using rhino as cover once they've got there and trying to support with HB
ANY BA vets wanna shed some light if it will work as I'm fairly new to BA

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Reclusiarch, death company and dred in stormraven fly in turn 2 destroy some armour turn 3 dismount and assault dismounted troops could be abit of over kill so ill just pick the targets as I see them, stormraven carry on zooming and picking off targets.
This is the plan for almost every SR I have ever used in a transport faculty. If you opponent has any decent AA then you're likely losing that SR the turn after it comes in (IF it comes in T2) and if that happens the only things landing are potentially your Reclusiarch on a 4++ and the Dreadnought provided the automatic pen on its rear armour doesn't immobilise (useless-ify) or blow it up.

If you use the two RAS together, you only need one Priest and he should go into the Flamer squad since they will be more likely to charge in with the MG squad going for armour. I'd also drop the IP on the second RAS, I find those things are pretty useless (even though they look bad ass).

Magna Grapples have amounted to just about jack shit in every game I have ever tried to use them in, and I've tried a lot and face a lot of mech.

In tactical squads I prefer the ML to the HB, mostly because a ML can do damage to a vehicle if it comes to that while they're backfield on an objective.

If you are facing other fliers I would very much suggest swapping the TLAC on the SR for the TLLC, but again this comes down to preference. If you're facing AV12 fliers the TLLC is better, against AV10/11 the TLAC is OK most of the time. Depends on how much the dice hate you.

If I were to do this list myself:

HQ

Reclusiarch
Power Armour
Bolt Pistol

Elites

Sanguinary Priest
Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Troops

Assault Squad
10 man squad, 2x Flamer, 2x Hand Flamer

Assault Squad
10 man squad, 2x Meltagun,
Power Sword

Death Company
8 man squad Bolt Pistol & Chainswords
Land Raider Crusader

Tactical Squad
10 man squad, Flamer, Missile Launcher, Rhino, Veteran Sergeant
Bolt Pistol, Chainsword

Heavy Support

Stormraven Gunship
Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin Linked Multi Melta
Which puts you at 1505. If your opponent isn't cool with that, I'd drop the PS in the MG RAS and put a MM on the LRC to drop 5 points. My reasoning on the LRC: on the table T1, assault vehicle, AV14, you get armour saves for your units if it blows up. Plus mad shots effective on infantry. I dropped the DC dread simply because the LRC makes the DC more effective.

Hope this gets some gears turning!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BA 1500 (1500pts)
Revised list

HQ (130pts)

Reclusiarch (130pts)
Power Armour
Bolt Pistol

Elites (90pts)

Sanguinary Priest (90pts)
Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Troops (1080pts)

Assault Squad (220pts)
10 man squad
2x Flamer, 2x Hand Flamer

Assault Squad (230pts)
10 man squad
2x Meltagun, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon

Death Company (460pts)
10 man squad
Bolt Pistol & Chainsword,
Land Raider Crusader
Pintle Multi Melta

Tactical Squad (170pts)
10 man squad
Flamer, Missile Launcher,
Veteran Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Chainsword

Heavy Support (200pts)

Stormraven Gunship (200pts)
Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin Linked Multi Melta

So I've taken away the dred and 1 priest and the rhino. I figure if the tacs just gonna support and camp back field they should be in cover anyway and the ML in there to help out more
Also I've fitted in 2 more DC and the crusader and MM so there on the table straight off ( should shut people up )
I can run the ras close together so they both can gain FNP & FC
And not using the SR as transport just a gunship.
Just a few little changes from what you suggested. Do you think swaping out the rhino for 2 more DC is wise ?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
To be honest, I would keep the mobility of the Rhino. You're only increasing the DC by 10 attacks on the charge when they're already at 40. The ML can shoot out of the back of the Rhino at a distance, and it means you can either camp it next to an objective and wait for the enemy to come to you or you can get a move on to a late game objective grab. Either way a mobile Tactical squad is greater than 10 attacks on top of 40 for the DC in this scenario I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts