Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Harro everyone!

So I'm brand-spankin'-new to WoC and I thought the best way to get acquainted would be to try my hand at a formidable list. My primary opponents will be High Elves, Dark Elves and Skaven. That being said let's get on with the show!

:threaten:
List 1 1497pts
Lord:
Chaos Sorc LvL 4 325pts
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Infernal Puppet

Hero:
Exalted Hero 239pts
-Mark of Nurgle
-BSB
-Doom Totem (for Hellcannon panic tests)
-Shield
-Halberd

Core:
17 Warriors w/ Full Command 379 (Sorc goes here)
-Halberds
-Shields
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Blasted Banner

17 Warriors w/ Full Command 349pts (BSB goes here)
-Halberds
-Shields
-Mark of Nurgle

HellCannon 205

:ireful2:
List 2
Lord:
Chaos Sorc LvL 4 370pts
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Infernal Puppet
-Talisman of Preservation

Core:
17 Warriors w/ Full Command 379 (Sorc goes here)
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Halberds
-Shields
-Blasted Banner

19 Warriors w/ Full Command 383pts
-Mark of Nurgle
-Halberds
-Shields

Warshrine 160pts
-Mark of Tzeentch

Hellcannon 205

Edit: Modified List 2 because, as Wiccus stated, it was illegal. Removed a Hellcannon, added a Warshrine and gave the Lord the Talisman of Preservation. I chose this talisman over giving my other Warriors a banner since the Lord has to issue a challenge, at least this way he's at a 3+ Ward so he'll be a lot safer.

I kept List 1 the same, despite Wiccus' great suggestions, only because I want to see what a -2 LD Panic test vs HE will do. The bane of my existence in the games has always been their crazy high LD so if I can make them run off the board first time I'll be so happy!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Both of these lists are illegal, you have too many points in characters in the first list, and two many points in rare on the second, dont know the exact page in the BRB, but it tells you how the percentages work.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The first list is not illegal as he has less than 25% Lords and less than 25% heroes. The second one is however as there is more than 25% rare. I think the first list is pretty good. I would probably drop the doom totem and halberd from your bsb and give him some decent defensive items and give your nurgle warriors the banner of rage. Other than that its pretty solid.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The first list is not illegal as he has less than 25% Lords and less than 25% heroes. The second one is however as there is more than 25% rare. I think the first list is pretty good. I would probably drop the doom totem and halberd from your bsb and give him some decent defensive items and give your nurgle warriors the banner of rage. Other than that its pretty solid.

Ah my mistake always forget its seperate points for Lords and heroes, but Wiccus's suggestions are dead on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts