Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey - i'ma list addict, you dont need to go into detail, i'd appreciate a simple "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" thanks!

SPawN Tactics

HQ::

Daemon Prince [[155
-Wings
-Mark of Slaneesh
-Lash of Submission

Elites::

Terminators [[235
4 + 1
-Mark of Tzeentch
-4 power weps
-4 twin-linked bolters
--Power Fist /reaper autocannon

Troops::

Chaos Space Marines [[250
x10
-Mark of Khorne
-Autocannon

--Rhino
-Daemonic Possesion
-2 twin-linked bolters

Chaos Space Marines [[250
x10
-Mark of Khorne
-Autocannon

--Rhino
-Daemonic Possesion
-2 twin-linked bolters

Fast Attack::

Chaos Spawn [[40
x3

Chaos Spawn [[40
x3

[[edited]]

Heavy Support::

Havocs [[185
x5
-2 Lascannons
-2 Missile Launchers

Havocs [[185
x5
-2 Lascannons
-2 Missile Launchers

TOTAL:: 1500pts

ESPLANATION::

Daemon Prince and Termies held in reserve to be deep striked and do some damage

Spawn in seperate squads to offer a ligit threat and draw fire from entire squads with support fire from my havocs allowing cover for my marines to get to whatever position the mission entails or to get up in my opponents face

PLUS - Spawn dont take up any force organization slots so this is only

HQ - 1
Elites - 1
Troops - 2
Fast Attack - 0
Heavy Support - 2

[[some specifications might seem odd - i'm fixing to be prepared to fight Necrons + IG + whatever the hell else might be fool enough to challenge my SPawN Tactics :victory:]]

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Spawn must be grouped in the minumum number of units possible. 6 spawn = 2 units of 3. Also I don't think that the terminators can have a hvy flamer and reaper unless there are 10 of them.

Otherwise it's an ok army in general. There are a few things I would change a little, like giving the marine units some champions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just me but i like dedicating Khorne units to just CC. I would drop the auto cannon and maybe put in a champ with fist.
also wings do not allow a DP to deep strike.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Damn didnt see that about the squad thing - I've had a few people tell me that they do best when not in the same squad, i'll have to tell them about that rule

and yeah I can't wait to try my deep-stirking daemon prince with the lash of Submission

woo!

Oh and termies can have heavy flamer and reaper autocannon cause the flamer belongs to the squad and the cannon belongs to the Champion

and i've had alot of people discourage me about making multi-purpose squads, its a preference of mine and i'd like to have options i like not having to carve the role of my CSM squads into stone

and another preference of mine is when the points get important aspiring champions dont seem to have any real purpose other than offering some better weapons, but if i dont need them what would be point of an AC?

·
Registered
66 Posts
well i would certainly be surprised by Khorn units sitting back and shooting. use the unit to shoot a transport then assault while they are entagled, its a nice compliment.
if you don't need the fist or LC a champ really only adds one point of LD at 15 pts and zerkers being fearless, not really worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I don't think a terminator champion has any special weapon options at all. My understanding is that you can upgrade any of the basic guys, armed with whatever basic guys have, to a champion. Certainly a unit with 5 champions could not have 5 heavy weapons.

ACs in your marines might help. 10 marines charging in with 4 attacks each will do a lot of damage, but not against a wraithlord or vehicle, and they will struggle with most monstrous creatures. I think that large CC units should probably have power fists in them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The termi squad must have 10 men to have 2 heavy weapons (the only listing under characteris is that any may be upgraded to champion). Also I would ditch the autocannons for maybe melta's or flamers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Damn didnt see that about the squad thing - I've had a few people tell me that they do best when not in the same squad, i'll have to tell them about that rule

and yeah I can't wait to try my deep-stirking daemon prince with the lash of Submission

woo!

Oh and termies can have heavy flamer and reaper autocannon cause the flamer belongs to the squad and the cannon belongs to the Champion

and i've had alot of people discourage me about making multi-purpose squads, its a preference of mine and i'd like to have options i like not having to carve the role of my CSM squads into stone

and another preference of mine is when the points get important aspiring champions dont seem to have any real purpose other than offering some better weapons, but if i dont need them what would be point of an AC?
Because champions are not characters they are bound by the limitations of the squad. So, although a terminator champion may have a reaper autocannon, if they have one it counts as one in the squad. In short a terminator squad cannot have more than 2 heavy weapons if it is under 10 men.

I can understand that you want your squads to fulfill multiple roles, several units that do that can be the beginning of a well balanced force, however and autocannon and the mark of khorne were two mutually exclusive options. to properly use the mark of khorne you need your marines to be moving towards the enemy, thus rendering the autocannon useless, but if you use the autocannon they cannot move or charge, thus rendering the MoK useless. you should either have one or the other or swap the autocannon for a plasma gun.

Someguy is right, all the spawn in the force must be divided into as few as squads as possible

overall the list is ok. not terrible but not particularly inspiring either. id give it a thumb in the middle.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I have no problem with the autocannon, if you are having a 10 man unit anyway. It would be a mistake to have a 10 man unit in order to have the autocannon.

Take the cannon on the basis that it is there for emergencies and times when there is nothing else to do. Sometimes there is a raider that you need to kill, or whatever, and nothing to charge. The cannon isn't too expensive to include for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
According to Army Builder [[which might not be the best source]] the squad can fix with two if the champion has one -but he cant have the same heavy gun that the squad has [[i.e. can't take two autocannons]] --ACCORDING to armybuilder which i'm not sourcing and i'm taking the flamer out now - but just fyi

And as far as the squad - its more to be used as a shooty squad I just preferred to give it the MoK to make it an un-apeasing target for CC speacial units

Complete task first, adjust as the situation brings itself up

MoK i think gives the best bonus for the points cost, Nurgle is a bit expensive and tzeentch and Chaos undivided arnt really neccesary - MoK isnt meant to go hand in hand with the autocannon, just to offer more accesibilty

and i've learnt about the spawn - i just read over that small detail :eek:k:
I was kinda hoping this list to be forgotten but I'm starting to appreciate some of my own tactics that work whether or not i'm the only one :wacko:
[[not at all related to the spawn]]

·
Registered
428 Posts
According to Army Builder [[which might not be the best source]] the squad can fix with two if the champion has one -but he cant have the same heavy gun that the squad has [[i.e. can't take two autocannons]] --ACCORDING to armybuilder which i'm not sourcing and i'm taking the flamer out now - but just fyi

I've ran into alot of issues with Army Builder doing stuff it shouldn't let you do. Going off the Codex though you need 10 Termi's to take 2 Heavy weapons. It is something to shoot the data file authors of army builder for fixing though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts