Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HQ
100pt, Librarian, Null zone, avenger
Elite
125pt, Rifleman Dread, 2x tl ac
125pt, Rifleman Dread, 2x tl ac
200pt, Sternguard, (5) lightning claw, 5x Combi-weapon (Adjust to enemy)
Troops
155pt, Tactical squad, (5), pw, razorback with tl hb
Heavy
160pt, devestator squad, (5), 4x ml, 1x combi-melta
160pt, devestator squad, (5), 4x ml, 1x combi-melta
Fast
70pts, landspeeder, mm, hf

Now i'm very used to using Vulkan, got to love twinlinked everything, but he seems to becoming to plain for me, no love, and seeing as I don't tend to play over 1750pts, the thunder hammer terms stay in the box more times than not, and their pimped out landraider costs way to much in gas money to drive, (we are in a recession after all....)

I like the idea of 3 kamikaze, mm, units (Landspeeders) followed by 8x ml, 3x tl hb, 4x tl ac, all backed up with a nullzone, and a killy (If not undermaned) stern guard.

The stern guard are modeled so their hands a magnetised, so I can swap between Combi-melta, combi-plasma, combi-flamer, normal bolter, also the serg can swap between lc, pf, normal ccw, bp. Expensive to buy (Thanks you bits for kits) but easier than having to carry and buy than many men for one unit.

The devs have a combi-melta, just incase a tank fancies getting to close, and 4 missiles can't handle it. I have found these devs make there points back each game they play, they wiped out a chaos prince yesterday, space wolf long fangs afew weeks ago, tervigon some other week. Then theres the transports they open, allowing access to the gooey stuff inside... Would normally take vindicators, but seeing they get glanced all the time, they sit there looking brick like all the time.

May think about swapping out the 3x landspeeders to 3x attack bikes with mm, for the kamikaze melta.....

I think it has fairly good, horde killing, and fairly good tank shooting, but I maybe so so wrong.:wacko:

Any thoughts on stuff would be helpful.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the sergent has a power weapon, and the squad is mounted in a Razorback (rb) armed with a twin linked heavy bolter (tl hb) Sorry for the confusion. :victory:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Your list isn't too bad but still got some issues.

First problem is the Sternguard. I think you've got the points wrong as 5 Sternguard at 125 points also why a lascannon? You're paying for that special ammo so why waste it? Anti infantry is what these guys do. Give them a Rhino too.

Why power weaps on your Tacticals? Not like 5 Space Marines are going to win many fights. Switch it for a combi weapon on the sgt and at least you've got some offensive also melta bombs too. On another note you really should get more of these units, the point of this config is to min/max to you get minimum unit sizes but max units. You've got 15 troops models so objective games will be tough for you.

Why combi melta on the devs? They're at range so the combi melta won't be used.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again my short hand has been my un-doing. LC means lightning claw, better than power weapon as can't get the +1 assault for 2 close combat weapons, but do get re-rolls to wound. The devs have combi-melta's as a precaution really. Need to look closer at the list again really, need somemore bodies....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts