Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all C&C needed on the following list, semi-competitive but just love the Tervigon and Tyrannofex.

Was maybe thinking about dropping one Tyrannofex for a toxicrene or exocrene which I like the look of and would love to try and fit three venomthropes in? Ideas greatly appreciated!

+++ Kraken (1500pts) +++

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

Hive Tyrant [Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

+ Troops +

Termagant Brood [30x Fleshborer Termagant]

Tervigon (*30 termagants) [Scything Talons, Stinger Salvo]

Tervigon (*30 termagants) [Scything Talons, Stinger Salvo]

+ Heavy Support +

Tyrannofex [Rupture Cannon]

Tyrannofex [Rupture Cannon]

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) ++

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hate the rupture cannons. Acid sprays are the way to go with T-fexes- the only way to go really. Are they modeled already? If not I'd definitely stick with acid sprays.

Off the top of my head I think you'd save enough points to give both tervigons electroshock grubs and crushing claws. They become pretty handy against vehicles at that point and the ESG templates are pretty decent against infantry too- better than normal flamers.

I think it's a pretty solid list at that point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent advice, have changed the list slightly to the below, what do you think? None of this is bought/built yet as want to sort the list before purchasing :)

+++ Kraken (1500pts) +++

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [Electroshock Grubs, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

Hive Tyrant [Electroshock Grubs, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

+ Troops +

Tervigon (*30 termagants) [Crushing Claws, Electroshock Grubs, Stinger Salvo]

Tervigon (*30 termagants) [Crushing Claws, Electroshock Grubs, Stinger Salvo]

+ Heavy Support +

Exocrine

Exocrine

Thanks again for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts