Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just purchased my army box and have started chaos. Ive made a rough army list, but I have just about no experiance with chaos. I added some ideas for tactics and stuff at the bottom.

HQ

Chaos Lord
• Terminator amour
• Pair of lightning claws
= 130

Elite

4 Terminators
• Heavy Flamer
• Chaos glory
• Powerfist
• 3 Combi-plasma guns
• Land Raider
• Demonic possession
=385

Troops

10 Plague Marines
• Plasma gun
• Rhino
• Extra amour
• Plague champion
• Power fist
• Twin-linked bolter
=340

10 Plague Marines
• Plasma gun
• Rhino
• Extra amour
• Plague champion
• Power fist
• Twin-linked bolter
=340

Heavy Support

Defiler
• Close combat arm (replace heavy flamer)
=150

2 Obliterators
= 150

=1495

Im worried about model count, but I like the idea of really big tough troops that are dam expensive so thoughts on that would be nice :) (nice is such a bad word) I plan to field my lord and termies together and for some cc butt kicking action, in conjunction with the land raiders shooting. The marines will dash to enemy lines and disembark to unleash rapid fire hell, I count on them staying alive for awhile considering their toughness. The obliterators deep strike to where their firepower is needed. Defiler runs around punishing large units with its battle cannon, and then jump into CC when the time is right. I have a few points left over so give ideas on what I can fill them up with.
This is a rough list so any advise is much appreciated.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Give a terminator powerfist or chain fist, had my termies in a simular list get slaughtered by a dread so yeah, having something to protect you from that is a valuable asset against walkers and tanks

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Generally speaking, I take power fists where there's an option to take them. That's not the case with Terminators-- one or two will suffice, and you should NEVER need a chainfist, since you're hitting with S8 already... it's sort of a moot point. Every Aspiring Champion in the army should have a power fist, though-- they'll need them.

Also... the Defiler is NOT a fire support unit in the new codex-- I'd pull those lascannons off in favor of the default reaper cannon, if not a close combat weapon. If you need a walking fire support unit, take a Dreadnought.

I think you'll find Obliterators to be increasingly less useful, particularly with their points increase in the new codex and the more limited array of weapons that they can use. And they're flat T4, instead of 4(5)...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great points, thanks.

I think you'll find Obliterators to be increasingly less useful, particularly with their points increase in the new codex and the more limited array of weapons that they can use. And they're flat T4, instead of 4(5)...
Im not a fan of them either, but I have loads of points left over that I have no idea what to do with.

Also... the Defiler is NOT a fire support unit in the new codex-- I'd pull those lascannons off in favor of the default reaper cannon, if not a close combat weapon. If you need a walking fire support unit, take a Dreadnought.
I agree ive removed the lascannon also I have replaced the heavy flammer with another close combat weapon.

Give a terminator powerfist or chain fist, had my termies in a simular list get slaughtered by a dread
I have added a single power fist to the termies.

Also I have changed my list and army to Nurgle go have a look.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
also second plasmagun in each unit of plague marines, and a plasma pistol on the champ, along with his powerfist. with feel no pain they are the ideal unit to deal out plasma death. I'd swap both defiler weapons for ccws as well as then its pretty beastly in cc, and any time you shoot you'll want to use the Battlecannon anyway and that means you can't fire the other weapons

1 - 5 of 5 Posts