Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing a Khorne army on and off for 10 years or so and finally came up with an army list that A) I want to paint and B) should kick some butt. (I know writing points seems standard but it's late and I can't be bothered) well that and you can take my word it all adds up to 1500pts or close enough for me anyway.
I 1st worked out my Army under the last codex (which was much better codex IMO) but had to make a few changes to suit the new one.

HQ
Kharne (It is a pure khorne force after all)

Elites
5 Terminators, icon of Khorne, 2X chainfists, 1X combi melta, 1X lightning claws, Landraider with havoc launcher
Dreadnought, twinlink lascannon

Troops
8 Khorne Berzerkers, scull champion, power weapon, Rhino
8 Khorne Berzerkers, scull champion, power weapon, Rhino
8 Bloodletters

Heavy support
Predator with extra amour, twinlink lascannon and 2X lascannons

Now the reason for choosing this army is very simple, most of all I like the look of it. But by simplifying it down to a place for everything and everything in it's place, I came up with and army that will get into hand to hand fast, wont get into prolonged shooting matches, but has more then enough firepower to deal with any monstrous creatures or enemy tanks (one thing that can be a problem with a hand to hand army) and take out small fast moving units at range.
After many many games playing Khorne over many years with many armies I think that I finally have "the army" that will suit my style of play and really take some skulls.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Personally - drop a terminator, you can then put kharn in the land raider and the points left over should give you enough to buy... i dunno, but altleast kharn will have a chance of making it across the board! soon as your opponent knows which rhino he is in - hes toast!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Drop a termie and one CF. Give one termie CF/HF, the rest dual LC and consider making them Champs.

Try to give the LR a dozer blade and Possession.

Be sure to separate Kharne from this unit in CC, as he could actually (on a terrible roll) kill off his own retinue.

Drop the Dread.

The Skull Champs need PF for MC hunting.

Drop the Bloodletters.

The Pred is better with TL AC and LC sponsons, and cheaper. See if you can take two of these as you’ll need them to kill transports so your other units are not having to do this.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I was making an army purely to win then there are a few changes that I would make, I.e leave the two CF but add 2 more LC and a HF to really give it some up close nastiness, but as it stands I might tweak things around and put a reaper back in and use that unit to hold objectives.
I plan on keeping my troops away from any MC's and just bashing in heads with them, I have firepower and the dread to deal with MC's and two CF's with the term's if it comes down too that.
I would have liked to get Kharne into a vehicle but I'm not going to loose a Termie to do so (in fact I wish I could put in more) I used to use the LR to carry a 10 man HQ and DS the Termie's, all 8 of them back then.

But 3 units that won't go are the Bloodletters, the Dread and Termie's as they are the last remnants of my original army (even if they did castrate the Bloodletters in the new codex) My other Predator underwent many changes before I found TL LC and the HB's on the sides to be the best option for points and flexibility, but now my new pred is purely a tank and MC hunter and my Landraider will be the more flexible firepower platform.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If I was making an army purely to win then there are a few changes that I would make, I.e leave the two CF but add 2 more LC and a HF to really give it some up close nastiness, but as it stands I might tweak things around and put a reaper back in and use that unit to hold objectives.
first, auto canon is useless
second, if you take out all the CF, you gonna die so easly, anyvehicule or walker you are screwed cause you cant do anything in combat against the walker and you just gonna loose guy, but if you think by that "kharn" its not a good idea cause kharn is probably gonna take out 1 or 2(if you're not luck) terminator, always keep a chain fist in your guys

for your berserkers, put a power fist or at least give them a melta bomb if you dont give them a power fist, cause against walker/monstrous creature, they just gonna die... alright you have fire power, but when the things are in combat, you loose that fire power cause you cant shoot at it

if you're playing with deamons, put icons on all of your champions, cause its the only way to summon them

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to use Kharn as the summoning unit for the daemons, the idea being that they give him some extra protection and hitting power and if he happens to hit a few of them well bugger it, there cheap and will still get a 5+ save.
Keep them behind the rest of the army and then use them to plug any holes.

The CF's were always going to stay with the Termies as I tend to fight Nids a bit and they become the only unit that can hit them hard in close, I was thinking about either more LC's or putting a Reaper back in and using them to hold ground rather then take it.

I forgot to write that I had included MB's with the skull champions, I would have left in a PF with one unit but ran out of points.

I never used the AC on the Predator, it's only 1 more shot, not TL less powerful and less ap, I always go TL/LC and either LC or HB on the side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts