Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose I should start with the list because it would be faster than an explanation.

2x Full Wraithguard squads with Warlocks w/ Spears: 798
(using Conceal or Enhance would be situational)
2x Wraithlords with Wraithswords: 200
BikeSeer, Stones, Runes of Warding, Fortune, Doom, Spear: 178
3x BikeCouncil, 2x Destructor, 1xEmbolden, 3x Spear: 169

So yeah, it's a foot slogging Iyanden Wraith army. Bike Seer + Council babysit the Avatar as he and everything else stomps in.

1st question: This list has flaws, but does it make up for them? It isn't mobile and can't dictate range, but it's powerful.

2nd question: I was thinking of dropping 1 of the Destructors on the Council for Enhance, and making the other Destructor a 2nd Embolden (I assume they don't stack for the Farseer). Thoughts?

3rd question: If I don't swap the Destructors out, should I have those Locks drop their Spears and make 1 a Spiritseer?

Cheers :biggrin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm guessing from the abundance of views and lack of responses that this list is a very silly idea. Still, a man can dream, a man can dream...

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
It is a tough list, that's for sure. My only issue is there aren't enough Fortunes to go around, and 2/3 of your army kinda needs Fortune. Without it the Council will fold up quick, the Wraithguard will not make it in range to fire, and/or the Avatar likely won't make combat. Wraithlords escape the need as the things that will wound them easily will get passed their save anyway.

I am fond of Wraith based list though, they are a nice contrast to typical Eldar play. They take a lot of Fortune upkeep though to make what is already tough that much tougher. You also have to be able to take out immediate threats, so you don't get stuck in CC unnecessarily.

Fortune, and maybe Guide or Mind War are some of your best buds here. Because, Mind War will help pick out the pesky powerfists that would really hurt in CC and Guide makes sure your shots of death hit home.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Styro right (again) trying to do Wraithguard (an expensive list) with some Jetseer (more expensive list) will not help you. your Wriaithguard will be so unsupported they won't survive, and your Council will be so small they'll die as well.

good hunting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The main issue here is as I see it the fact you have no long range support. The opponent can safely run circles around you never having to even think about coming close to you, because nothing you have is able to hurt him from more than 24" away.

Even Orks and Tyrannids will probably simply wear you down from safe distance. Anything coming in melee with this list is dead, but since they never have to enter melee, that's not very effective. Guardian Platforms and Wraithlords with EML/BL combo provide that fire support, so that your enemy will take substantial losses if he stays away and the list with 4 MCs, one of which being the fortuned Avatar is still something incredibly mean in CC.

Alternatively you could go with Pathfinders instead of Guardian Defenders, but if the Lords stay with their swords, it'll still not be enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.