Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Edit: Noobish list error, no need to read further (b^_^)b

Hey all, once again I'm a Newb, but I really like the idea of this 1500-2000pt; I've been tinkering around with the list for the last few weeks.

HQ
Farseer: Fortune, Doom, Stones, Spear = 133
Council: 5xWarlocks, Enhance, Embolden, 3xDestructor, 2xSpears (On the non-Destructor Warlocks) = 181
Falcon: Holofields, Stones, EML = 180

Troops
5xWraithguard:Warlock with Enhance+Spear = 218
5xWraithguard:Warlock with Enhance+Spear = 218
WS: Stones, SL = 125
WS: Stones, SL = 125

Heavy Support
Prism: Holofields, Stones = 160
Prism: Holofields, Stones = 160

Total = 1500

2 Full squads of Shining Spears bring it to 1850, and a squadron of 2 Vypers with Stones and EMLs brings it to 2000 even. I worry about wasting points on the EML on the Falcon, which would have to go combat speed to fire both weapons. I'm considering replacing it with a Shuriken Cannon and giving the Farseer Runes of Warding. Thoughts and comments are very much appreciated.

Cheers :biggrin:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Unfortunately, you can't field squads of 5 wraithguard as troops. Only full squads of ten with a spiritseer attached can be used as troops.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Best troops to go for would be either dire avengers in the serpent or pathfinders.

You also need to squeeze in conceal for the warlock in the seer council

·
Registered
249 Posts
Best troops to go for would be either dire avengers in the serpent or pathfinders.

You also need to squeeze in conceal for the warlock in the seer council
Agree on the first point;

On the second, why on earth would things with a 4+ invulnerable save want a 5+ cover save?

Also, OP; I don't like foot seer councils.
Basically, it has to do with the availability of firepower. A jetbike council has a rerollable 3+ against most weapons, and a rerollable 4+ against AP3 or better and power weapons. Your problem is this: your guys are still nice and hard to kill with AP3 or better weapons, high-S weapons etc. However, you don't have anywhere near as good a save vs other weapons as a bike council, and there tend to be enormous amounts of that class of firepower available. Rapid fire, shootaz, lootaz, so on. Your beautiful 300 point unit will be killed by the most basic and readily available firepower your opponent has.

I'd consider dropping the falcon and modelling them on jetbikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts