Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after the recent codex came out I'm looking to rebuild my Grey Knights from the ground up, due to my reliance on henchmen units in the past I have only 3 GK units at the moment; 5 Terminators, 10 Interceptors/Strike Squad & 1 Dreadknight. So now I'm trying to decide which of the lists I've written is best...

LIST 1: LAND RAIDER ASSAULT
HQ
150 – Brother Captain:
Halberd or Level 3 Librarian with Halberd and The Fury Of Deminos (36” range storm bolter with master crafted and precision shot)

TROOPS
201 – 5 Terminators:
3 Halberds, 1 Sword, 1 Hammer & Psycannon
250 – Land Raider Crusader

201 – 5 Terminators:
250 – Land Raider

194 – 5 Terminators:
3 Halberds, 1 Sword, 1 Hammer & Psilencer
250 – Land Raider or Crusader

Total: 1500pts

A list recommended to me by a GW manager for both mobility and speed, plus the fact my Land Raiders are troops so will be tough to get off objectives. Granted that a lot of tough units but there few numbers worry me, I also need to decide between a supportive Librarian or a tough Brother Captain.

LIST 2: TELEPORT ASSAULT
HQ
187 – Grand Master:
Halberd

TROOPS
408 – 6 Paladins:
4 Halberds, 1 Sword, 1 Hammer & 2 Psycannons, 1 Nar
250 – 10 Man Strike Squad: Hammer and 2 Psycannons
242 – 10 Man Strike Squad: 1 Halberd Hammer and 2 Psilencers

HEAVY SUPPORT
205 – Dreadknight:
Teleporter, Sword, Psycannon
205 – Dreadknight: Teleporter, Sword, Psycannon

Total: 1497pts

While at the store the manager and I worked on a 2nd list focused on a footslogging/teleport assault theme, which I've used before due to my other army being a fully mechanised guard force. This is what he recommended with a powerful Paladin Squad leading the charge!

LIST 3: VARIETY
HQ
117 – Librarian:
Halberd and Storm Bolter

TROOPS
201 – 5 Terminators:
240 – 10 Man Strike Squad: Hammer and 2 Psilencers
242 – 10 Man Strike Squad: 1 Halberd Hammer and 2 Psilencers

FAST ATTACK
290 – 10 Interceptors:
Hammer and 2 Psycannons

HEAVY SUPPORT
205 – Dreadknight:
Teleporter, Sword, Psycannon
205 – Dreadknight: Teleporter, Sword, Psycannon

Total: 1500pts

This is what I had originally planned for my Grey Knights in the previous codex, with some changes from the new codex. I'll either play it with the standard FOC and foot slog it or use the Teleport Assault with the 3 Troop choices in reserve.

So those are my 3 lists, let me know your thoughts and what you think can be improved?
Quick note; I won't be getting any rhinos or Razorbacks mainly due to the fact I want this army to play very differently to my mechanised guard army, Land Raiders are the exception.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts