Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey DA Players,

So I've came up with a 1500pt Deathwing list that in idea, seems like it could work against most armies (though some, if tailored properly, could chew it up quickly):

HQ - Belial (goes in LRR with Troop 1)
Troop 1 - Deathwing Term Squad (Assault Cannon, Chainfist)
Dedicated Transport - LRR (Deathwing Vehicle & Multi Melta)
Troop 2 - Deathwing Term Squad (Assault Cannon)
Dedicated Transport - LR (Deathwing Vehicle & Multi Melta)
Heavy 1 - Vindicator
Heavy 2 - Vindicator
1500pts on the nose

So yes, it is light on troops with only 2, and yes, it is very low model count with 11 infantry and 4 armored units.

Here is my point, the LR and LRR with DWV upgrade should be hard to kill. (Lance, melta's and MC's are the only real threats I see). They have lots of fire power and create a good shield for the Vin's for them to get into position. The Vin's hide behind the LR's as they move up the field weakening the enemy lines. Once the enemies line has been weakened, the terms come out to play and clean up the rest. In thought this seems like it would work, but its just that, a thought.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't think it's gonna work. Unless your opponent has no anti tank at all, and everything is S6 or lower in his army.
You don't have enough model saturation, vehicles will get popped by turn 2 especially if he is playing bikes or has flyers.
Also, you will roll those 1s and fail charge rolls, and this list doesn't have any contingencies. What if your LRR gets popped turn one with lascan shot?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
A standard Tau army will have the sort of firepower you're concerned about without any meta tailoring. A Wave Serpent w/ Lances will cause you heart ache too. You're putting a very small amount of eggs in two very tough baskets and hoping people don't bring cheap nutcrackers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think LR's are too expensive in a so expensive army at 1500 p

I usually throw Belial in a unit of 10 shoty terms or some th/ss termies and deepstrike w/o scatter. This unit will attrack a lot of firepower while the rest deepstrikes inn or moves in depending on what else you use.

DA is not a very competative army, and deathwing while fun to play, not that great :/

Try out what you come up with, but I am afraid your oponemt in most cases will be able to kill 11 infantery in 5 rounds :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
LR are not cost effective for the amount of melta that marine armies will or can bring. Elder, tau, gun line or mech guard, GK, and SW can cause you problems. The 10 man unit is a great idea. But you need as many scoring troops as possible. I can however see the idea you were going for and I can respect it

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate to bring up an old thread, but with the changes to 7th, does this list now make the grade?

LR/LRR are that much harder to kill, count as objective secured being they are dedicated transports, and can dish out more fire power for what it can take.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'd rather see as many TH/SS upgrades as your DW squads can handle, but aside from that I'd love to play this out. Has it seen any action at all or is this a hypothetical list?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is all hypothetical at the moment, but after discussing with my CSM friend, it is looking like a 1750pt game will be played this weekend.

My alterations to the list would likely be to drop the vin's, and add some knights with either a libby for some psykic presence or a chap to give those re-rolls in CC.

Based off his comments, he is going to go psyker heavy, which even begs the question if I should even bring a libby as he will have so many counter dice I won't likely even get a spell in.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
He can't deny Blessings no matter how many dice he has, so you can still buff your side of things despite his psychic presence.

·
Registered
42 Posts
He can't deny Blessings no matter how many dice he has, so you can still buff your side of things despite his psychic presence.
You can deny blessings now, you just don't get any positive modifiers so it's always 6's. If he is allied with demons he can bring the kind of dice needed to make your powers useless but tbh grey knights and seer spammed eldar seem to be the only codex's I would consider hard to pull off blessings against.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
So my confusion came from this,

from Manifesting Psychic Powers Sequence, relevance bolded:

4. Deny the Witch. If the psychic test was passed, one of the enemy targets gets a chance to expend Warp Charge points to nullify the power by taking a Deny the Witch test.
Little did I know at the time of posting that a mere page over, under Deny the Witch, there is a specific exception for Blessings and Conjurations.

Duly noted!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Off of the top of my head, at 1500 points, I run 1 Landraider Crusader, 4 squads and Belial.

2 Units have CMLs, used for guarding 'my side'. One has an Assault Cannon, which I deepstrike in, and finally, the last has a HF and goes in the LRC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts