Troops
7x Plague Marines, 2 MGs, Champ with PF, rhino 256pts
7x Plague Marines, 2 MGs, rhino 216pts
7x Plague Marines, 2 MGs, rhino 216pts

Heavy support
Vindicator, Twin linked bolter, daemonic possession 150pts

Comes to 1488, I do I go about spending the last 12pts and do I change anything??

Any help would be great

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the reason the twin bolters are on the vindi's is to try and allow them to get range with out being a 150pt battering ram. Even if I do drop the bolters it still doesn't allow enough to add a champ with a PF in fact I wouldn't be able to get a PW on that champ.

I think for the last 12 points I will put a combi melta onto one of the rhino's, more than likely it will be the Chosen's rhino so when it outflanks I have 6 melta's in half range

·
Registered
941 Posts
a PF is 25 pts, you have 12 extra pts, and a twinlinked bolter is 5 pts,

(3x5) + 12 = 27 27>25 you can have a PF!

·
Registered
592 Posts
a PF is 25 pts, you have 12 extra pts, and a twinlinked bolter is 5 pts,

(3x5) + 12 = 27 27>25 you can have a PF!
He'd have to get a champion for that powerfist to go with, as well ;)

(25+15) > 27 ;)

Anyways, I agree with the combi-melta on the chosen rhino. Seems like the best place to spend those measly extra points.

Otherwise, list looks solid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep would have to by the champ for the plague marines as well as the PF, so its a no-go.

Quite like the idea of actually been able to destroy something with a rhino once the passengers are out. Pintle mount still has 360 LOS doesn't it??

·
Registered
592 Posts
Pintle mount still has 360 LOS doesn't it??
Yes.

Keep in mind, if the Chosen first take out their target, the rhino could shoot at another vehicle and maybe get lucky ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
oopsy! :blush: forgot you needed a champ too!:shok:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Daemon prince, MoN, Wings, Warptime, 175pts

great, good here.

Elites
5x Chosen, 5 MGs, rhino 175pts

i feel chosen are a waste of points. 175 is alot to pay for a unit that will only get the opprotunity to pop one tank or MC and then give up 2 KP's. i would swap for another plague marine unit with dual melta over this.

this is a bit over kill, i would deffinatly drop one of these at 1500. i would have 3 for 2000 but for 1500? your going to piss people off... as for set up i would drop the bolter, go for a combi-melta for a "just in case" . in todays meta game lots of people do the drive by melta, which means if they have melta rang so do you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok read a tactics where with vindi's you either run 3 or 1, so if 3 at 1500 is going to leave me reeking of stilton heres a tweak of the list:

HQ

Daemon prince, MoN, Wings, Warptime, 175pts

Troops
7x Plague Marines, 2 MGs, Champ with PF, icon, rhino 261pts
7x Plague Marines, 2 MGs, Champ with PF, icon, rhino 261pts
7x Plague Marines, 2 MGs, rhino, icon, 221pts
7x Plague Marines, 2 Flamers, rhino 206pts

Heavy support
2x Obliterators 150pts
1x Obliterators 75pts

idea is that the flamer unit camps out on my objective, whilst the rest moves up, vindi and the 2x oblits controll the Avenues of Approach and funnel into a DP and Plague Marine assault. Single oblit can start on the board or be summoned to one of the three icons for some melta/lascannon action at rear armour

Slightly more fluffy, and better??

·
Registered
941 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong, but they already have MoN, so they don't need the Icons, then use those points for a 4th obliterator!:biggrin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Icons are cheaper for cult troops, they just allow you to summon, if I remove all the icons it doesn't leave enough for the 4th oblit

·
Registered
941 Posts
ohhhh... forgot they were cheaper, I was thinking 50 pts each, for MoN, like on Reg CSMs:biggrin:

·
Registered
603 Posts
My uncle used to play Deathguard.

I could never get past his front line. Good choice, I suppose, I like the solid fire base that you chose, (Plague Marines) but then again, I play SM, so I'm not a huge fan of Chaos.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
this new list is less likly to allow your opp to run away screaming cheese and cursing your name, whilst still being extremely nasty. i'm not sold on needing 3 icons on the board but thats because i'd only deepstrike the lone oblit. IF you dropped those i'd upgrade the flamers to meltas.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I agree fully with syko!:eek:k:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts