4 grenadelaunchers

platoon command squad
meltabombs
4 grenadelaunchers

3infantry squads
meltabombs
sniper rifle
autocannon

I think that should be it and the squads should explain themselves i tried to not mix roles except giving melta capability to each

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't have any experience with IG, but for the CSM I've found that the murder sword isn't worth it most of the time - I'd swap it for a standard power weapon to save points or maybe a power fist. The burning brand is a good shout though. I'm also not a fan of standard predators - I'd swap those out for a havoc squad with weapons of your choice, probably autocannons or MLs or maybe half and half. The points you save there can go towards a heldrake. Alternatively, you could make a couple of predators annihilators for some long range firepower if you're set on predators.
Just what I'd do, hope this helps

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
this is my first go at a chaos guard army so see what you think

Biker Lord of Nurgle
meltabombs
sigil of corruption
murder sword
burning brand

Drop the Murder Sword, Lighting Claw or Power Sword is the best plan. Oh and make sure the Burning Brand replaces the Bolters on the bike!

4five man plaguemarine squads
gift of mutation
2 meltaguns

Cut the GOM from these squads, its not that great on non-HQ choices

3bikers
powerfist
combiflamer
gift of mutation
2 flamers

Same Advice on the GOM, not 100% on the Powerfist, but I suppose with the lord its not a 'bad' plan

3predator tanks
combibolter

If you can find the points with the removing of the GOM, I would drop the Combibolters and add TL Lascannon. Or just add Heavy Bolters

Company command squad
meltabombs
4 grenadelaunchers

platoon command squad
meltabombs
4 grenadelaunchers

3infantry squads
meltabombs
sniper rifle
autocannon

I think that should be it and the squads should explain themselves i tried to not mix roles except giving melta capability to each
Not sure about Snipers and Autocannons? haven't got a great experience with gaurd, so wouldn't like to say.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Like everyone else has said, murder sword isnt the best option. If you have a specific plan with it, then it may be worth it. But I would take a Lightning claw instead as you dont have a pistol with your lord for the extra attack, and the claw lets you make re-rolls.

Plauge marines are always good. Take off the gift of mutations off and give a squad or two a pair of plasma guns.

Drop the gift from the bikers.

Drop a pred.

---IG:
Company Command squads are great, and grenade launchers are just fine for a cheap unit.

Infantry squads need flamers over sniper rifles. With IG's low BS the flamer negates that, plus IG is all about numbers of shots over quality. Flamer over Sniper. Autocannon is perfect, they are widely concidered the best heavy weapon to give due to its power, range and rate of fire.

You have a very strong number of troops. 8 potential scoring units where a lot of others will have 3 or 4.

If you could find points (and they will be tight) But you could take a vendetta (Maybe over the preds) and a helldrake. Definitely conciser them! They are two of the best units you could take

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the gifts are for the chance for princehood
the murder sword is because my necron friend always gives his lords 2+armor an warsciths
idk how it was going to do against it but i wont know if i never try
personally i love my lord to have a palanquin with sigil, fist and claw
also my guard have no business getting into flamer range an i wanted those squads for longrange killing and i get that they will miss 50% of the time but thats okay since my guard friend always makes me laugh when he pays extra for vet squads and acts like its the end of the world when they miss heh
i play against GK, Nids, Necrons, Tau, Blood Angels, Space Wolves and loyalist guard
with five guys running all that their strategies become rather predictable
as far as i can tell im the only one constantly trying new things win or lose
also landraiders are a staple in the marine armies so meltas will continue to be a staple in mine
if i had one more tank i would run them as transports but i am limited in that regard aslo i have no flyers and still owe my friend for the large purchase of his chaos troops so it will be months before im in the market again but if i didnt run preds i would use them as heretic flak tanks actually idk why i didnt do that in the first place

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
the gifts are for the chance for princehood
Sadly it cannot do that, you have to re-roll Princehood and Spawn...

The Murdersord is kinda good against 2+ Sv things. Though if they use mindshakle Scarabs... you will kill yourself. You may as well just get lots of hits and hope for the dice to roll a 1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts