Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get some input on a list I cooked up using the models I've got in stock.

CCS +130
  • -Carapace Armor
  • -Regimental Standard
  • -Missile Launcher
  • -Master of Ordnance
Infantry Platoon

PCS +65
  • -x3 Meltaguns
  • -Vox
IF Squad +65
  • -Grenade Launcher
  • -Autocannon
IF Squad +65
  • -Grenade Launcher
  • -Autocannon
IF Squad 110
  • -Grenade Launcher
  • -Autocannon
  • -Vox
  • -Commissar w/ Power Weapon

Veteran Squad +200
  • -Grenadiers Doctrine
  • -x3 Plasma guns
  • -Chimera

Veteran Squad +185
  • -Grenadiers Doctrine
  • -x3 Meltaguns
  • -Chimera

LRBT +170
  • -Heavy Bolter Sponsons

LRBT +170
  • -Heavy Bolter Sponsons

LR Executioner +230
  • -Plasma Sponsons

Aegis Line +100
  • -Quad gun
Grand Total: 1490 pts
Still got 10 points to spend on goodies. (Suggestions?)

Strategy: HQ sits in the back spots for arty, Infantry blob holds behind Aegis blasts anything and everything that comes in range, PCS mans the Quad gun and blasts stuff that gets to close w/ Melta and gives orders, Plasma vets hunt for objective, Melta vets hunt heavy vehicles, LRBTs hole up in the back field and blast away at anything that moves, and last but not least my beloved Executioner gets in range and tears apart the MEQs, TEQs, and the HQs.
Got carapace armor to counter Marines and Tau (AP 5 standard and lack of cover saves) and Executioner because its big, pretty and has so much Dakka that 90% of the time it does more than its points worth in damage.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
It can work :)
I'd remove the missile launcher and the voxes to add a ratling squad for general nuisance.
the rest is ok, for me

·
Registered
227 Posts
My only problem is with the PCS squad. Using meltas without any kind of transport is in my opinion suicidal with IG. The toughness 3 squad will get wiped out long before it can reach any vehicle, so I would personally swap them for flamers or grenade launchers. Besides that, I think this list is quite nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts