Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanting to get a general consensus about my current army, as i am relitavely new to warhammer 40k.

Ok so the Following is my current army:

HQ

Grand Master:
Psycannon Bolts, Word of the Emperor, Unguents of Warding, Teleport Homer, Purity Seal, Auspex.

Retinue: 8 x Grey Knight Terminators, with Psycannon Bolts.

Troops

Grey Knight Justicar
4 x Grey Knights

Grey Knight Justicar
4 x Grey Knights

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader
Extra Armour
Hunter Killer Missile

Land Raider Crusader
Extra Armour
Hunter Killer Missile

Yes i am using 2 land raider crusaders.

Any tips?

·
Registered
187 Posts
That looks very solid, but see if you can put a couple more PAGK in each troops unit. who is going to be teleporting in to your HQ if you have no one else who can teleport? you could save 10 points there. if you are going to put a squad of troops in one of your land raiders, i would suggest giving a incenerator or two to them. the no cover saves part is really nice.
did you upgrade your terminators with psycannon bolts? or just give one of them a psycannon?
i haven't had any luck with word of the emperor, but i like urgents of warding.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I would drop all of the GM's Wargear, only take 5 GKT in the Retinue, and if you want Psycannons then use the real one..GKT are able to use them to full effect, unlike standard GK.

Use the points to beef up the GK Squads, 8 is a good number, and if they're in the Crusaders give them Incinerators or keep vanilla.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank for the tips guys.

the army currently stands as 1500pts exactly.

I thought the teleport homer was to stop the squad from scattering in the event of deep strike... accordon to the codex i think all GKT's can Deepstrike seems i may have gotten confused when reading my codex so ill probably remove that.

My army is based around the GM and a Rapefest of terminators currently the only models i own are:

10 GKT models
1 Brother Captain Stern model (using him as my Grand Master Model)
10 PAGK models
2 Land Raider Crusader models

And all the GKT's have Psycannon Bolts on them not actual psycannon's

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
my friend offered me a trade so i can give him a couple of the terminators and he will buy me some PA GK's since he is running a witch hunter/daemonhunters mix.

So my New Army List:

HQ

Grand Master:
Psycannon Bolts, Unguents of Warding, Auspex, Master Crafted Weapon, Sanctury.

Retinue: 6 x Grey Knight Terminators:
Psycannon Bolts.

Troops

Grey Knight Justicar: Psycannon Bolts, Unguents of Warding.
5 x Power Armour Grey Knights (2 Incinerators)

Grey Knight Justicar: Psycannon Bolts, Unguents of Warding.
5 x Power Armour Grey Knights (2 Incinerators)

Heavy Support

2 x Land Raider Crusaders: Extra Armour.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Quick question. When you are including Extra Armor on your crusaders, is that because you are spending the 5 points to get it, or because you just want to note that they have it? I ask because they come pre equipped with Extra Armor, hence the increased cost over regular Land Raiders.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hehe thanks for making me realise that now i have 20pts to play with, i am also wondering if i should drop off one of my terminators fron the retinue and roll with the Grand Master and a Retnue of only 4 terminators. So that i can maybe make one of them have an incinerator and buff up the vehicles a little since the troops are going to be in them for the most part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts