8 swooping hawks 200pts
exarch
sun rifle
sky leap
intercept

Heavy support

2 vibro cannons 100pts

total =1498pts

Lacking ranged Anti-tank power, but it's only to have a laugh, or rearly annoy the oppisition.

could replace the harliquins for fire prism to make the list more competitive (how ever more competitive it can get)

Thoughts :grin:

See less See more
#2 ·
I quite like this list, not sure it has enough anti tank or MC hunting potencial, but, still it would be a pain in the @$$ to fight... with all those Hawks + Autarchs sky leaping, Jetbikes J-S-J, and the Vibros hidding... lol, you could quite possibly end up seeing nothing each turn... and do no damage at all, until the Quins come into range.

-Rob

#3 ·
Your math is off a bit (not overly but you should check it all) and I have actually seen Yo-Yo list like this (use Baharroth instead of 1 of the Autarch's) and trim the Harlequins and Jetbike for Pathfinders and EML Guardians (so the whole army can "Pin") when they work they work great, when they don't work, they absolutely suck.

Great fun though and cheers to you for not Power-Gaming.

#5 ·
Worked my maths out properly now, here's the up-to date version.

Hq

Autrach 120pts
swooping hawk wings
fusion gun
mandiblaster
power weapon

Autrach 120pts
swooping hawk wings
fusion gun
mandiblaster
power weapon

Elites

harliquin troop 206pts
8 harliquins
8 harliquin kisses
shadow seer

harliquin troop 212pts
8 harliquins
7 harliquin kisses
shadow seer
death jester

Troops

3 eldar jetbikes 76pts
shuriken cannon

3 eldar jetbikes 76pts
shuriken cannon

Fast attack

7 swooping hawks 194pts
exarch
sun rifle
sky leap
intercept

7 swooping hawks 194pts
exarch
sun rifle
sky leap
intercept

7 swooping hawks 194pts
exarch
sun rifle
sky leap
intercept

Heavy support

2 vibro cannons 100pts

total =1492pts

6 pts left over, nothing to spend it on. This list seriously lacks at, but im not rearly too bothered. It's only intended to be friendly play (would look funny to see a more competitive version at Gt though)

Any more comments/ thoughts?

#6 ·
imo its not too bad.

the harlies are easy pickings for any half fast army and what damage is the swooping hawks and autarchs going to do. 3 pie plate bolters per turn??

for a more harsh and cheasy armys it would be like.

2 falcon, 2 units of 6 harlies, 2 vibros, 2 autarch, 3 min units of hawks and 2 min units of bikes.

martin

#7 ·
This is a tactical note on Swooping Hawks.

OK you have Intercept and Haywire Grenades on the Hawks. so just start them on the table, behind cover and as close to enemy tanks as possible. Because you can probably hide from (or avoid) a lot enemy fire, give the 1st turn to your opponent. If he moves any tanks closer to you; he is in serious trouble. Here is why.... 3 squads of Hawks can move, fleet, and assault tanks.... with intercept they are hitting on 4+ so that should give you 10/21 attacks hitting... with about 2 being useless and the rest being Glancing/Penatrating hits.... more often than not, this is an opportunity to drop 3 enemy tanks on your first turn... not something I recommend you brag about (as you want the enemy to remain ignorant of this tactic), and not someting to use on Rhinos, but for stuff like Monolith's, Landraiders, or anything worth 125+pts.... I say go for it. After that the Hawks will have terrain cover from some of the wreckage so their not as easy of targets. Also, as your in control of them, yo decide wether to have 1, 2, or all 3 units starting on the table; and even if your enemy is static (IG Basilisks) you can often drop those on turn 2 as you can almost guarentee where the enemy will place them so you can set-up accordingly. I don't think you lack A-T, maybe you need to use varied tactics on tanks; but Vibro's, Harlies, Autarcsh with Fusion-guns, and Hawks can certainly all take down enemy tanks, if used correctly.

CaHG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.