Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heya floks, I recently played my space marines army list Link and I won but with a very high cost of troops and heavy supports.
So now I thought to make a new one, here is It
(remember I am translating from an Italian codex so be patient some words may be wrong)

-Vulkan He' Stan p190

-Tactical Squad p180
1sgt 9mrns +meltarifle +multimelta +meltabombs(just because I had a rest of 5 points to spend)
Transport= Rhino p45 +assault Requiem(dunno if translation is right)

-Scout Squad p170
1sgt 9scouts +sniper rifle(for sgt cuz he has better BS) +camouflage coat
Transport= Rhino p45 +assault requiem

-Venerable Dreadnought p190
+heavy flamer +extra armour
Transport= Landing Capsule(again not shure if right) p45 +locator beacon

-Dreadnought p115
+heavy flamer
Transport= Landing Capsule p35

-Landspeeder x3 p210
+heavy flamer +multimelta

-Vindicator p130
+extra armor

-Predator p145
+sponsons with lascannons +assault requiem +extra armor

I guess thats all, so any comments ?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
-Vulkan He' Stan p190

-Tactical Squad p180
1sgt 9mrns +meltarifle +multimelta +meltabombs(just because I had a rest of 5 points to spend)
Transport= Rhino p45 +assault Requiem(dunno if translation is right)your troops are short ranged which might be why you are taking heavy losses. Look at going with a missile launcher to get more range.

-Scout Squad p170
1sgt 9scouts +sniper rifle(for sgt cuz he has better BS) +camouflage coat
Transport= Rhino p45 +assault requiem add a missile launcher to give them more punch. I do not use scouts in groups larger than 5 or 6

-Venerable Dreadnought p190
+heavy flamer +extra armour
Transport= Landing Capsule(again not shure if right) p45 +locator beacon landing capsule dreads I find Ironclads work a lot better. They are shorter ranged but hit hard as nails. Look at running two of them instead of one venerable and one regular

-Dreadnought p115
+heavy flamer
Transport= Landing Capsule p35

-Landspeeder x3 p210
+heavy flamer +multimelta

-Vindicator p130
+extra armor

-Predator p145
+sponsons with lascannons +assault requiem +extra armor

Those are the basic changes I would make.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually the reason I won was because my troops survived and I actually need the meltas and the flamers cuz without them Vulkan would be useless to field.
About the scouts you may be right but I have a question, can I give only one sniper rifle or multiple ?

For the dreads I dunno because I though that ironclads are more for melee and I want to avoid that

·
Registered
215 Posts
Try dropping the rhino and get a landing capsule for your tacticals, because they're short range drop podding them would be a good move. Also the drop pod assault rule means it would arrive first turn, put vulkan in there and ouch once they pop out and toast anything nearby.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Every scout can have a sniper rifle.

Ironclads are a shorter range but that keeps him from assaulting your troops which is what you want. I load mine with HK missiles for range or extra punch when I land.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts