Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to collect all Khorne CSM, and with the new codex a khorne cult army looks way more viable than it used to be. The main problem I have is that there's not a lot I can do to counter stuff like genestealer. There's not a lot I can put in that could out cc them, and this is a cc army. Without totally breaking the character of the army by doing something like, say, putting in a havoc squad with 4 heavy bolters, anyone have any suggestions for what might help crack that nut?
I'm considering an anti-troop predator, but that seems like it would die real quick as the only non-rhino tank in the army.

HQ:
Daemon Prince - MoK, Wings - 140
Greater Daemon - 100

Troops:
8 Berzerkers - Champ w/Power Fist, - 198
8 Berzerkers - Champ w/Power Fist - 198
2x Rhino, Extra Armor - 100

Fast:
8 Raptors - Champ w/Power Fist, 2xMeltagun, Khorne - 250
6 Bikers - Champ, Khorne - 243

Total: 1499

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
nice list

shame you can't get one or 2 melta guns on the bikers or maybe put some flamers so where you did say you can't counter genestealers a good ol' BBQ would get rid of them.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think the bikes will be too busy getting into combat to worry about tanks! lol

Nice enough list, Themed which is nice and not beardy.

On a side note it's good to see a Khorne army NOT led by a Deamon Prince of Slaanesh!!!

MarzM

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
HQ:
Daemon Prince - MoK, Wings - 140
Nice. This guy'll be beastly in combat.

Greater Daemon - 100
Decent. Have you considered building up a fairly cheap Lord to accompany your Raptors instead?

Chaos Lord
- Bolt pistol
- Power weapon
- Melta bombs
- Mark of Khorne
- Wings

He'd probably live longer than the Daemon if you used him carefully (that is stopping him from being squished by power fists).

Troops:
8 Berzerkers - Champ w/Power Fist, - 198
8 Berzerkers - Champ w/Power Fist - 198
2x Rhino, Extra Armor - 100
Very nice, very fluffy. Hard to complain. As far as dealing the Genestealers goes, have you thought of just adding a second combi bolter on your Rhinos? Every shot counts, especially when they're twin-linked. :)

Fast:
Sexy.

6 Bikers - Champ, Khorne - 243
These guys need flamers so bad I can taste it.

Good luck,

Katie D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well you could always get some daemons to tie up the genestealers for a couple of turns, maybe widdle them down, then come back with khorne in their FACE!

But an awesome list none-the-less

·
Registered
275 Posts
i would drop both hqs for lord with deamon weapons and wing lol

harsher than both a deamon prince and greater deamon.

both of which arnt as half as hard as they were.

imo i would prefer another unit of berzerkus than the bikes but thats up to you

martin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. The changes I think I'm making so far are basically dropping the greater daemon, and changing the bikers to look something like:
8 Bikers - Champ w/Fist, 2 Flamers, Khorne - 344

The Daemon prince stays for a few reasons: a) I already have plenty of S4 attacks in this army, b) it gives people something to shoot their lascannons at other than my rhinos, which will stand up to them for all of about two seconds.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I think this army needs a good amount of anti-things-that-don't-go-squish support. Defilers, perhaps? With some TL Las?

Speaking as a AC commander, I think fighting this army would make me dance with glee (if I ever did something so undignified.) The fact is that the only thing that could possibly give my tinnies a headache are the meltas. The fists are good, but unless you screen those guys, I think the Raptors will be a first target. Next on the endangered species list for me would be the Prince, as he's big and scary. I think I'd let close-in nastiness eviscerate the Berserkers themselves, but as a SM commander, I think my army would have some difficulty. Good work!

-Dirge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts