Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a game tomorrow and this is what I was gonna use, comments please.

Ulrik the slayer

Njal Stormcaller Runic terminator armour

5 GH
power fist, melta gun, plasma pistol,MoTW
Wolf Guard Terminator Armour SS, SB
Rhino

5 GH
Flamer
MoTW
WG Terminator Armour FA,SB
Drop Pod

10 Blood Claws
Flamer Power, Sword
WG terminator armour, twin wolf claws, melta bombs

6 Long Fangs
2 lC
1 ML
1 HB
1 MM

Land raider crusader, MM

OK, Ulrik and WG with twin claws goes with BC in land raider, WG mentored by Ulrick, these guys give oppants main force the good news(hopefully)
Rhino GH take any objecties that are up for grabs, and the DP, GH are there to cause trouble, or link up with other GH, Njal to sit with LF and help out where needed.

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
Ok a couple kinks to work out here. First off two special characters at 1500 is far too expensive imo. If anything I would replace Ulrik (who is subpar) for a regular wolf priest to add to the blood claws.

You should put all your grey hunters in rhinos instead of the lone pod since it will get shot up and decimated, especially since there are only six models there.

I would drop TDA on ALL your wolf guard as well. The tda ensures you cannot sweeping advance anyone, which really sucks if the GH are meant for CC. Instead drop the power fists from your GH packs and give the wolf guard the power fist and a combi-melta. It's simply cheaper over all and gives an extra attack.

In your grey hunter packs, I wouldn't give them any special weapons since giving them to a WG creates an extra attack. Good picks for your GH packs include MotW, standard, and a meltagun. I believe you should have saved points from dropping ulrik and the tda so you should add some models to both grey hunter packs and/or the BC pack.

The long fangs pack is also looking for a singular purpose. The most variety you want in a long fang pack is two different weapons since they can split fire. The consensus is that missile launchers (4-5 of them) are the best since you can fire frags or kraks and they are dirt cheap. I personally like a missile launcher / lascannon split but it is far more expensive.

Njal is ok as well but at 1500 I really think he is best replaced by a rune priest, especially if all you have him doing is sitting with the long fangs. His 3+ psychic defense won't have much effect sitting in the backfield and his other ability (lord of tempests?) doesn't have the range to hit a ton of stuff from the back either. If you want to just fire living lightning from the back just use a rune priest.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Revised

Njal Stormcaller

Wolf priest, combi melta

3x WG 2 combi meltas, 1 combi flamer, power fists, melta bombs

5 GH, MG
MoTW
Rhino

5 GH Flamer
MoTW
Drop Pod

10 BC Power Sword
Flamer

6 LF 3x ML
2x LC

5 Scouts 2 power weapons, melta gun, melta bombs

LR Crusader, MM

OK Tactics pretty much the same, although with the extra points I have a scout squad, which I know not everyone likes, but have always worked well for me, and can provide some quick support to my drop pod if need be, the DP is still there purely because I don't have 2 rhino models and I like to play with what I have.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
That's and a ws3 PW is bullshit. They shouldn't even give people the option.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Then have fun... as long as your opponent has a similar composition then cool... If not, then it may be a little one sided...

And I'll second Gen Ahab... Blood Claws suck... it would be one thing if they were cool in some other way... but +1 attack on the charge does not equal -1 BS/WS - and they're not even cheaper than Grey Hunters.... It's the Space Wolf version of the swooping hawk...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah fair one, i have had my own reservations about them to be honest, but i thought i would at least give them i try before i fucked em off completly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts