Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just putting what i think ill use tomorrow at my FLGS.

wolf lord
thunder wolf mount
frost blade
stormsheild

---

wolf guard x3
2x fists
2x combi meltas

dread
2x TL autocannons

dread
2x TL autocannons

---

grey hunters x7
melta
standard
rhino

grey hunters x7
melta
standard
rhino

grey hunters x5
plasma
lass plas razor

----

TWC x4
fist
plasma pistol
melta bomb

---

long fangs x5
4x missiles

long fangs x5
4x missiles

wolf lord goes with twc and the wg to the rhinos and razor, fist in rhinos. razor sits on home objective shooting. dreads and fangs bring the heavy rain. grey hunters advance with twc either in front of them for cover or not depending on set up.

most likely playing another space wolf player who i expect to bring something around the same. probably no rifleman dreads and more grey hunters, different load out on TWC and maybe more stuff on the lord plus maybe a rune priest. also no home objective unit. he doesnt believe in them, calls them crap. we will see.

plasma pistol on cav because i felt it was worth the attack to switch it for the bolter plus it gives me a plasma shot. i shouldn't need it but hey, it could come in handy right? maybe pop a rhino and assault contents? lol. not likely but who knows right? more likely to wound myself....

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
You could make it meaner but it will do. lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i ended up switching it up and taking terminators and logan in a crusader. it was a draw right down the middle, 22 to 22. im still in the lead in the league though. come on store credit! daddy needs a new landraider!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
So you switched and went friendly?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kinda, it was still kinda mean but i used up a lot of points in a landraider and a termie unit. i still had a dread and 2 units of fangs and i played bugs. it worked out pretty nice for me honestly. its just the mission was weird and he was a good player. that and he had sooo much luck, i did too but mine was bad, i immobilized every vehicle at some point, other than the dread, going through terrain. also my shooting was very poor.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
it's a decent list, though i would say at long range any cheese head that uses AV 14 could give you trouble. but that probably won't happen much.

good hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts