Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got bored. so I decided to take another crack at a tourny list, one that isnt a fully meched beast with little models.

Tell me what you all think comments and Criticism is welcome from everyone except any snarky comments on the fact I put razorbacks in the list from Gen

Rune Priest (100) - 110
CotS (10)

Wolf Guard x3 129
Power Fist x3
Combi-Melta x3

Wolf Scouts x5 110
Meltagun
Melta bombs x5

Grey Hunter x 7 170
Melta Gun
MotW
Wolf Standard
Rhino 35

Grey Hunter x 7 170
Melta Gun
MotW
Wolf Standard
rhino 35

Grey Hunter x 7 170
Melta Gun
MotW
Wolf Standard
rhino 35

Long Fangs x 5 115
Missile Launcher x 4
Razorback
TL Las 75

Long Fangs x 5 115
Missile Launcher x 4
Razorback
TL Las 75

Vindicator 115

Land Speeder 70
Multi Melta
Flamer

Land Speeder 70
Multi Melta
Flamer

- Codename "Lightningwolf"

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
You probably knew this was coming but I would drop the scouts for another RP and the vindi for something else, I have been awake for 5 mins so I don't know what.

·
4,491 Posts
Id drop the Scouts to try and make the Long Fangs units of 6 with 5 ML's, and spend the remaining points on Grey Hunters.
Id also consider dropping the Vindicator for another unit of Long Fangs.

Incase you didnt realise, im a big fan of the 5ML Fangs. They are insanely good for their points.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, you and Gen are both serious fans of ML.

The Scouts and the Vindicator are in my list for "psychological" stratgems over pure killing power.

a Demolisher Cannon in my hands, very nasty since I rarely miss, the people at my store know this. it makes my Vindicator even more of a priority target to the extent that I could have it set up that my opponents will manouver to take it out first, making them waste even more time, atleast if I have the setup right.

The Scouts are there to deal with annoying IG tanks. Along with forcing my opponent to think, 'would putting my expensive tank / unit near this board edge be worth it?' in which helps greatly limit their setup.

yes I could switch out the scouts for a RP, but it wouldnt help as well against IG or other back of the board shooters, in which the 5 scouts with melta weaponry would.

And the vindicator is a nasty peice of work, even if it does no damage, the fact that its a massive bullet magnet and you will likely see everything thrown at it to destroy it permanently is definitly an advantage.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this List is going to be Facing my buddies super cheeze List today (tuesday) at some point I believe. which, I have to say, its somewhat ill equiped for, at the same time, well equiped for. The scouts will be next to useless since its a no tank cheeze list. but only tomorrow will tell.

The stakes: first person able to beat my friends cheeze list out of our little group gets half of their next box (within reason) payed for, but every loss to the list has to chuck up 5 dollars to the next box for him. not bad since its potentially 20 bucks from him with only risking 5

working on an extention of this list to add in Swift Claw bikers. I have been playing with them lately and found them extremely good at killing... pretty much anything that doesnt strike them first (IE Initiative 5 +) will be 1750 - 2000.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Love the wager system... Needs beer :victory:

Personally, I like scouts... so I can see thier inclusion... I'm assuming the list revolves around the rhino squads... The ONLY issue I see is that you may not have enough threats to keep your enemy from targeting the Rhinos early.... personally, I'd drop the MoTW and the standard from the GH and give the speeders an upgrade... but regardless, I think the list can hang...

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First I have to say: due to Dice gods hating me. I lost.

I have NEVER seen so many 1s in my life.

Love the wager system... Needs beer :victory:

Personally, I like scouts... so I can see thier inclusion... I'm assuming the list revolves around the rhino squads... The ONLY issue I see is that you may not have enough threats to keep your enemy from targeting the Rhinos early.... personally, I'd drop the MoTW and the standard from the GH and give the speeders an upgrade... but regardless, I think the list can hang...
I like scouts, thats why they are in my list, but they are, by far, my weakest units, since they dont do much if the opponent does not have a back lines armor sitting 12 inches from the table edge.

Also, the speeders ARE upgraded, why attempt to push anything more then they have on them as is? HF MM is probably one of the best builds for a speeder. since you should keep them moving to compensate for their 10 av only, and in any single game they can become very evil against Hordes with the HF or against enemy heavy tanks with the MM.

but. Despite the dice gods hating me, the game we played today KP wise, I was 1 KP from tieing him. my Long fangs killed 3 units, which were a demon prince and 2 obliterators, in 6 turns, they killed only 3 units. My rune priest had an uncanny ammount of low rolls for how many LL shots I got too.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
For speeders, I tend to hang back with them and use the twin ML for anti armor... or suicide melta run them... With the MM/HF option, it limits you to using them as close support... which I'm NOT saying isn't a good use... just not how I perfer to run them... I tend to hid them behind rhinos chasis for cover and shoot tanks with them.

Sucks about the game... But it sounds like the list saved you.

How did the vindi work?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For speeders, I tend to hang back with them and use the twin ML for anti armor... or suicide melta run them... With the MM/HF option, it limits you to using them as close support... which I'm NOT saying isn't a good use... just not how I perfer to run them... I tend to hid them behind rhinos chasis for cover and shoot tanks with them.

Sucks about the game... But it sounds like the list saved you.

How did the vindi work?
bad terrain setup, so it did exactly what I thought it would do, be a unit to get focused. if it was any other game (or if the one time I shot, I didnt scatter so horrendusly) it would have done much much better then it did, but it took some shots

1 - 10 of 10 Posts