Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an idea for a fluffy White Scars army that I might build one day.

HQ

Kor'sarro Khan 205
Moondrakkan

Librarian 135
Null Zone
Force Dome
Bike

Troops

Bike Squad 240
6 Bikes
2 Flamers
Power Weapon
Attack Bike
Multimelta

Bike Squad 240
6 Bikes
2 Flamers
Power Weapon
Attack Bike
Multimelta

Bike Squad 240
6 Bikes
2 Flamers
Power Weapon
Attack Bike
Multimelta

Fast Attack

Attack Bike Squad 100
2 Attack Bikes
Multimeltas

Scout Bike Squad 150
5 Models
3 Astartes Grenade Launchers
Cluster Mines

Land Speeder Squadron 180
2 Typhoons

Total: 1490

The plan is for everything to outflank with Khan and the Librarian hiding out in one of the Bike Squads for the Invul save/Furious Charge bonuses. The Land Speeders are there primarily for anti-horde duties but can pop transports if needed. The Scout Bikes are there to be a pain in the arse (sometimes literally when they get those grenade launchers into the back of a tank).

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
looks pretty good.

i would kit out one of the regular biker squads to have PF and two meltas though, as you may need a heavy duty MC/tank killer for Khan to ride with. at least go with a PF. you could down grade one attack bike to have a HB to pay for this.

having something on the field that your Independent Characters can join and ride around with for ablative wounds will be helpful as the rest of your army could be busy killing tanks. attaching a PF to Khan is potentially devastating..

i would also drop the attack bike squad for two HF/MM LS. You could pay for this by changing your current Typhoons to be Tornadoes (again, with HF/MM)for a total of four LS in two squadrons with HF/MM.

good hunting

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like the idea of the meltagun unit with powerfist, I think I'll do that because it uses up my spare 10 points.

I'm not so sure on the mm/hf speeders though, especially in squadrons. To me that's just asking to loose the unit to rapid firing bolters. If I did drop the typhoons I could have 2 units of 3 mm attack bikes. That would leave me lacking in the crowd control department though, what would be be better?

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Makes sense... for crowd control you've got a ton of bikers with their scooter bolters... so you may not need the Typhoons... But at the same time, the massed fire of bolters have an equally great a chance of dropping bikes too...

I tend to use the speeders as long range anti-transport.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Yeah, speeders rock....

Hey for a 2K bike list... a budd of mine runs them with a Master of the Forge and a Captain - then 5 Rifleman Dreads and a couple of speeders... rest is bikes... it's worked pretty well for him... so I thought you might dig the idea it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
id drop the scout bikers and use the attack bikes from the squads to create another AT attack bike squad and change one bike squad into a melta squad with PF apart from that the list is solid both fluff and competitive wise :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts