Storm-65
multi-melta

speeders-140
2x MM, 2x HF

Ironclad-180
HF, drop pod

Ironclad-180
HF, drop pod

pretty simple really, vulkan and sternguard are my heavy hitters, with the dreads and storm being used to whittle the enemy down before i get to them. The tacticals are my midfield units with the speeders taking down any target that presents itself.

what do you think? should i put vulkan in a drop pod as well? that way i can have 2 dreads, or 1 dread and uber sternguard come in turn one and decide the outcome in turns 1-2.

as always, c&c is welcome (and expected:threaten:)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
As I read your list I was thinking that you need a 3rd DP. Would the DP make up for foot slogging Vulkan? Its a hard choice but I think so. The points could then go toward another combi flamer or melta in the stern guard unit. I like the list layout. I think it will work well. I might change a MM for a ML so that one of your squads can sit on the home obj and engage targets.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not sure what you plan to have your scouts doing, but having a PW and Combi-melta seem like a waste of points... give them sniper rifles and a ML and just sit them somewhere.
They go in the land speeder storm silly. I run the same squad in my white scars army, and its brutal for first turn armor popping ( 2 meltas at 2 different targets, after a scout move flat out), and with vulkan, even better.

But I agree with Grinn, having a powerful unit with Vulkan in a Razorback is a bad idea. They may get Dread in the face, but they will easily be able to pop that transport and keep that unit out of the fight for a few turns. Stick them in a third pod for sure.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice, I think that vulkan shall be podding in with the sternguard. So the rest of the list is fine as is?

·
Registered
622 Posts
With Vulkan, I am a fan of 6 sternguard, 2 x melta, 4 x combi melta in a pod. Combat squadded means 3 twin linked melta shots on turn one against 2 targets.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But you can only combat squad if the squad is at full size (in this case 10 sternguard would be needed), right?

I am considering swapping out a dread for another scout squad with a LSS, mainly as i only own 2 drop pods, and getting another storm is cheaper than another drop pod. also, this means i could potentially take out 5 tanks turn one (1 from dread, 2 from storms, 2 from scouts)+1 from vulkanguard

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
if you're going to put Vulkan with the Sternies, drop the Sternie's PW, and give the whole Sternie squad combi-melta. Vulkan already carries a flamer, so you don't need one there.

due to the nature of your Dreads, i would make them standard Dreads and add flamers to them. Podnoughts tend to be a bit on the suicidal unless you're taking 3 of them in a list.

good hunting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts