Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, new to this forum :) I have recently started an Ultramarines army that I want to make to 1500 points for now anyway. I want to make it an all comers list but am unsure if this is viable or not. any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

Chapter Master, Artificer Armor, Bike, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer

Terminator Assault Squad 5 X TH/SS

Bike Squad - 5 X Space Marine Bikers with 2 X Meltaguns, Biker Sergeant with Chainsword

Tactical Squad, Meltagun, 9x Space Marine, Drop Pod with Storm Bolter, Sergeant, Combi-Melta, Power Fist

Tactical Squad, Plasma Gun, 9x Space Marine, Drop Pod with Storm Bolter, Sergeant, Combi-Plasma, Power Weapon

Centurion Devastator Squad, 3x Grav-cannon and grav-amp

Land Raider Crusader

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, I did want my army to be a drop pod list and so preferably keep them in, what would you guys recommend for a list based around that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input guys :) So i've had a look and came up with this, got 150 points spare and am unsure what to use it for. I was thinking of putting a termi captain with ass terminators but don't know where to get those points from.

• Terminator Captain, Terminator Armour, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer

• Dreadnought, Assault Cannon, Drop Pod

• Dreadnought, Assault Cannon, Drop Pod

• Tactical Squad, 10 Space Marines, Meltagun , Combi-Melta, Power Weapon, Drop Pod

• Tactical Squad, 10 Space Marines, Meltagun , Combi-Melta, Power Weapon, Drop Pod

• Land Raider Crusader, Multi-Melta

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I quite like your list. You want the Crusader to deliver the terminators I guess, but why not instead double the number of termies and deep strike them in? Seeing as you are buying your captain termie armour.
I like the sound of that, this is what I've come up with, would this list be competitive?

• Terminator Captain, Power Fist, Storm Bolter

• Dreadnought, Extra Armour, Multi-Melta, Drop Pod

• Dreadnought, Extra Armour, Multi-Melta, Drop Pod

• Terminator Assault Squad, 10x TH/SS, 10x Terminators

• Tactical Squad X10 Space Marines, Meltagun, Comb-Melta, Power Weapon, Drop Pod

• Tactical Squad X10 Space Marines, Meltagun, Comb-Melta, Power Weapon, Drop Pod

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The issue with deepstriking makes a lot of sense :p and I suppose i could get a lot more firepower in with your list. I think I may try that without the scouts. Cheers for the help guys, most appreciated.

On a side note, ntaw are you the same ntaw I was playing Space Marine with yesterday? lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One and the same, what were we playing? I've just started running a lot of Seize Ground with occasional bursts of Annihilation because I got sick of Exterminatus. It's a whole new game against humans, Orks were getting old.

Glad to help with the list, I'm a hell of a lot better at 40k than Space Marine.
Yeah, think it was seize ground, played a few games with you until the servers cut out on me :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mate, tell me about it, I managed to get all the Bolter perks (after a lot of time and stress), and been working on getting the last challenge for killstreaks with the bolter for ages. Damn Assault marines and raptors make it near impossible :( I send you a request mate

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Assault Terminators have Lightning Claws by default with the option of trading them for TH/SS. That's their only wargear option unfortunately. Regular Terminators on the other hand can take Chainfists for a cost of 5 points a model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts