Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
I used to prefer the idea of two termie units deepstriking to one in a raider, but I've done a U turn on that. Less chance of exploding and the potential to drive off and sit on an objective after dropping your most brutal CC unit right in the face of the enemy is too appealing.

Consider units you might want to charge with your TH/SS termies; maybe knights, wraithknights, riptides- they're just going to zip off in the opposite direction if you deepstrike next to them.

Just out of interest, can assault terminators be given stuff like chainfists? I haven't looked inside a SM codex since third edition so I have no idea. What are their options?

·
Registered
533 Posts
And if your opponent is running the knight with the rapid fire battle cannon he's doing very little to your land raider

In cases where your opponent has good anti armour shooting capable of hurting a land raider, just pop the smoke launchers after your first movement. A 5+ cover save is only slightly worse than the 4+ a knight has, but works in all directions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.