Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bulding a list that is going to used in a friendly campian missions.

DP
Wings
Mark of T
Gifts of chaos
bolt of change = 205

2x 1k sons-9
Gift of chaos
Rhino
Bolter
Havock = 329

At the moment thats all i have, do i split CSM into two 5 man squads or have on 10man in rhinos. What would be best to add as support? Havocs or oblits termies? tanks? I am at a compleat loss on this one. Never played Chaos befor looking for guidance to make a list. Thanks:headbutt:

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
DP
Wings
Mark of T
Gifts of chaos
bolt of change = 205

Winged DP is a good choice for HQ

I would be tempted to swap out Gift of Chaos for Warptime

2x 1k sons-9
Gift of chaos
Rhino
Bolter
Havock = 329

Thousand Sons function poorly in close combat so a short range power like Gift of Chaos puts then at risk of being tied up in combat where they cannot use most of their edge. They might function better with Bolt of Change

At the moment thats all i have, do i split CSM into two 5 man squads or have on 10man in rhinos.

The Sorcerer is the really expensive part of a squad, so I always run TS in large units to avoid them getting eaten by a single bad turn

What would be best to add as support? Havocs or oblits termies?tanks?

It depends on how fluffy you wish to be; Obliterators are the best HS choice but are not always seen as compatible with a fluffy TS army
Tactically, with what you have there I would suggest sending the TS forward in Rhinos to your objective/fire point (depending on mission aims) and using their resilience to not get moved whilst the DP eats the enemy from one end (to avoid being targeted by everything).

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
speeking as a T-sons user and a lover of Gift this list will stuggle. Gift of chaos doesn't work that well on T-sons as they have to get close and compared to other CSM's they don't do well in combat. I suggest Bolt instead. I would also be more tempted to take a normal Sorcerer in the rhino with MOT, Bolt, Gift and a Familir(shoulder buddy) Put him with 1 unit and they wont suffer any "misshaps" shoudl there leader die.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
How about this?

HQ
• Daemon Prince
- Mark of Tzeentch; Wings; Warptime, Bolt of Change
200 points

TROOPS
• 9 Thousand Sons
- Aspiring Sorceror with Bolt of Change; Rhino with twin-linked bolter
309 points
• 9 Thousand Sons - Aspiring Sorceror with Bolt of Change; Rhino with twin-linked bolter
309 points
• 10 Chaos Marines - Aspiring Champion with powerfist, combi-melta and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
265 points
• 9 Lesser Daemons of Tzeentch
117 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• 2 Obliterators
150 points

TOTAL:
1,500 points

hth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts