Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The reason this army is fun is if the enemy has infantry they are going to get owned. But if they have any armor, which a 3000 point battle should have, then it's going to be harder for you and will make you use your brain more, allowing for more satisfying victories and just general fun. This list should not be taken for competitions. I am also new with nids so bear with me :training:
HQ
  • Hive Tyrant with 3 Tyrant Guard-350 points
Troops
  • 20 Termagants with 5 devourers-125 points
  • 20 Hormogaunts with adrenal glands-160 points
  • 7 genestealers, broodlord with implant attack-159 points
  • 5 ripper swarms all with tunnel swarm upgrade-60 points
Heavy Support
  • 2 Carnifex's with heavy venom cannons-370 points
  • Tyrannofex with rupture cannon-275 points
Total point cost:1499

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
its ok i guess...but just to add abit more punch, i would drop the h/tyrant for the swam lord, then you can swap out all for of his powers for some real fun and games. never pay for that many t/guants, just but 10, get a tervigon and birth them, again add abit more punch. i LOOOOOOVE h/guants!!!! rippers swarms meh! same with the genies.
you can make this just as much fun and semi competitive buy just adding and dropping a few things..i run and all cc nids list and its just a straight up table or nothing list, which makes it a lot of fun for both as, my appontent gets to take lots and lots of my guys down and fun for me to watch him sweat for a turn before i slamm him lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry I didn't understand the way tervigons work. Do you have to buy termagants , put them in reserve, then spawn them? or can you just spawn them for free as long as you have the models?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't understand the way tervigons work. Do you have to buy termagants , put them in reserve, then spawn them? or can you just spawn them for free as long as you have the models?
well basically you can buy the tervy either as an HQ or a troop, but you need at least 10 t/guants to make them a troop choice.
as for reserve..it doesnt make any difference, but the tervigon must be on the table to spawn, as it done in the movement phase, and no you if you dont have the models you dont spawn any, but im sure most people will allow empty bases etc in fun games. if you read you read you codex under tervigon it explains it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts