> Waver serpent; twin lances, cannon, stones

(6) Guardian Jetbikes; x2 cannons
- Lock w/ emb and spear

ELITES:
(6) Scorpions; Exarch w/ claw and stalker

HEAVY:
Falcon; scatter L., Holo, stones
Falcon; scatter L., Holo, stones

I've played with this list a couple of times and really enjoy it. And I have a hard time trying to deside if i should drop the scorpions for another seer or a squad of dragons. This is an all commers tourny so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Looks fine, but I think you'd do better if you dropped the Scorpions, took 6 regular Fire Dragons, dropped the Defend powers and bought Eldrad instead of the Farseer. At the moment you only have 2 Bright Lances to deal with Heavy Mech, and that's far from ideal.

·
Registered
384 Posts
agreed, I would drop the scorpions and take a better elite choice then I would drop one of the falcons seeing as it really is a transport and I would swap that for another tank. maybe a prism or a serpent with some elites in it, maybe banshees. Maybe take eldrad and another seer. I ususally do not bring jetbikes unless my whole army is on bikes. I unno they just dont seem to work very well for me even for just snagging objectives when the rest of my army is in transports and I always feel as if I shouldnt of spent 22 points for a single infantry and should have put more bodies into each of the quads in the tank. Oh! and dont take cannons underslung on your tanks. its alright but there are other things that you can buy to increase your shots without having to move your tanks slower, they really should be just zipping around and supporting units not gunning down units.
Try a list like this

Eldrad

guide doom seer

10 Dire Avengers
Serpent, bright lances

10 Dire Avengers
Serpent, bright lances

6 fire dragons
Falcon
brightlance, fields, stones

5 Dire Avengers
Falcon
brightlance, fields, stones

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I want to echo Sethis' and Dthwish's advice on the Dragons over Scorpions. They are not adding much to your list and the Dragons will help with the anti-armor issue.

Other than that, it isn't too bad. Just a pity that there isn't much to go in the Falcons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts