MotW
standard
razor back

---

long fangs x4
3x missiles

long fangs x4
3x missiles

the idea here is to divide my forces into three sections, heavy support and two assault forces. 1 dreadnought, one wolf lord, and a rhino plus a razor back. thats 4 meltas, a multi melta, a heavy bolter, and a heavy flamer in each team with a wolf lord who has a S6 power weapon and 6 attacks on the charge at WS6, a dreadnought's S10 cc weapon for walkers and such, and 12 grey hunters (10 and 2 WG) split into 2 units per team for objectives and assaults/wound screen.

the rhino and razorback screen the dread, wolf lord doesn't need it so he can go out front and yell "SHOOT ME", most likely he'll live long enough to kill some stuff off, even with getting shot at. all the while you have the long fangs helping open cans or sniping the MC's.

also i feel i owe and explanation for the storm bolter and double combi melta WG. i had 8 points i didnt see anything else to put it on really, so there it is.

EDIT: also because i didn't say, the fist WG go in the RB's and the other 2 in the rhinos.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
good concept, but i don't think it will work too well.

the WL look awesome, but frankly with no TW Cav to hide with they'll become prime targets. for the WL to be able to assault with GH/WG support coming out of Razorbacks will take a good deal of timing, otherwise you'll have small squads in CC with no WL, or the single WL assaulting something but with no support.

the WLs are tough as you've set them up, but they're much faster than the rest of your army.

for anti-tank fire support i'd recommend the TL LC on the Dreads.

the LF look fine.

good hunting.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good concept, but i don't think it will work too well.

the WL look awesome, but frankly with no TW Cav to hide with they'll become prime targets. for the WL to be able to assault with GH/WG support coming out of Razorbacks will take a good deal of timing, otherwise you'll have small squads in CC with no WL, or the single WL assaulting something but with no support.

the WLs are tough as you've set them up, but they're much faster than the rest of your army.

for anti-tank fire support i'd recommend the TL LC on the Dreads.

the LF look fine.
true, i had considered this. i figure on having the grey hunters pop out and pop some AV and then have the wolf lord assault and maybe the dread. I think untill i get into some assaults everything will move pretty much together. the dread and the lord move at the same pace until they assault and the rhinos move 12 a turn. the lord may run next to the dread or out front, i may switch it up. i wanted to have TWC but i didn't want to lose anything. maybe i could get 2 groups of 5 fenrisian wolves for wound allocation...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
TBH the easiest fix i could think of is to drop one WL for some TWC. the rest of the army could be left as is (maybe drop one Dread? you really need something that can punch from a distance if not using a pod) to tie up the whole enemy army, then the WL + TWC can break into enemy lines.

good hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts