Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so a friend of mine is hosting a small campaign. Well it finally gave me a change to run both my painted GUO ( can't help it but I love the model ). Any ways I do have other things to switch out but the things I don't have are fiends ( I just hate them ) other than that tell me what you think

GUO 190
Breath of chaos

GUO 190
breath of chaos

3 flamers 105

3 flamers 105

7 plaguebearers 105

7 plaguebearers 105

7 plaguebearers 105

5 pink horrors 100
bolt of change, changeling

5 pink horrors 95
bolt of change

soulgrinder 160
phlegm

soulgrinder 160
phlegm

Daemon Prince 80

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Cant say Im a fan of breath of chaos on GUO... you dont want them making risky DS since they rely on being hard to kill, so a mishap is utterly the worst thing you can do to them (thats what flamers are for) and without wings you will rarely get the chance to use the breath to do decent damage (and a lot of times doing so will stop you from charging).
Instead IU would take cloud of flies (not taking it on a GUO is criminal in my mind- the look on the face of any opponent when they charge in their furious charge unit hoping for loads of S5 attacks and then get a few measly S4 is always priceless plus the frag grenades keep you attacking before powerfists). I leave mine there to be honest, nice cheap units that are killers in combat and moving rapidly towords the enemy. If you play a lot of orks mebbe think about aura of decay... but I dont think its that great a power.

If you do that then you'll save 50pts, which can be spent giving your daemon prince some upgrades. I would give it either MoN, cloud of flies and noxious touch, or MoT and daemonic gaze/soul devourer/unholy might. With any of those upgrades you'll find it a hell of a lot more useful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts