Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back into the game after 12 years off so my army is cobbled from what I have on hand.

Chaplain in Terminator Armour- 130
2 x 10 Man Tac Squad w/Flamer and ML-170
Terminators w/Cyclone-230
Dread w/ Melta and CCW-105
Speeder w/ ML-90
Predator w/ 3 Lascannons & Storm Bolter- 175
Chronus- 70
Thunderfire Cannon- 100
Redeemer w/ Melta- 250

I've done well against IG and some SM armies. Got wecked in the first turn by a Dark Eldar guy, but the second time I played him at the end it was chronus and Termies v/ Razar the Rigged.

Is my list too multifunctional? I originally had 1 pred, but added the redeemer as a second target for anti-tank as well as a way to get my termies into the fight alive when I lost my termies several times from teleporting into enemies. I'm going to run assault termies in lieu of the current ones and add a drop pod for the dread. Any help/tips would be much appreciated.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Hey, welcome back... Totally understand about playing the army you have....

I think you need more firepower to really make this a nasty list...

Also, it's really hard to suport a big rock unit like your Termies... In that one unit you have more than 1/3 of your army. I think it *can* be done at 2K but you've got to build the entire list around it. At 1500, you really struggle.

See, against a balanced list, the crusader gets popped, the termies get torrented down and then you'e playing 970 vs thier 1500...

Also, in the predator you have 245 points tied up... while an autocannon w/ las sponsons is 120... so you could have two autolas for the price of your trilas with Chronos.

And I think you could drop the cannon for another Typhoon.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i see that your chaplain is pretty much on his own as far as cc is concerned. maybe a librarian terminator to bolster your terminators defense. Unless of course you cc your termies and then you have a cc drop-dread with a lump of terminator chaplain squish.

i'm no pro but have gathered that cc codex marines aren't the best hand to hand army, where chaplain and cc termies are best fit into a templars army.

have fun anyway!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts