Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will stress that I am facing a Tyranid list..... (well 95% chance... he could bring a necron, but i doubt it)
anyways.... heres the list

Librarian.... combi weapon, 110

10 man tactical, missile, flamer, rhino.... 205

5 man Sternguard, 5 combi weapons (2 melta, 3 flamer), razorback... 190 ((Librarian joins))

6 man Sternguard, 6 combi weapons (2 melta, 4 flamer), razorback... 220

10 man Devastator, 2x hvy bltr, 1x missile, 1x plsma cannon..... 240

Predator, hvy bltrs .......85

TOTAL 1495.

tactica: combat squad the dev squads, splitting up the heavy weapons, deploying the heavy bolters in a more forward position, with pred to cover an advance needed, the tactical get combat squaded as well, missiles stay behind in firing positions, second halves advance in tandem with sternguard, to support and claim objectives.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I will stress that I am facing a Tyranid list..... (well 95% chance... he could bring a necron, but i doubt it)

5 man Sternguard, 5 combi weapons (2 melta, 3 flamer), razorback... 190 ((Librarian joins))

TOTAL 1495.

tactica: combat squad the dev squads, splitting up the heavy weapons, deploying the heavy bolters in a more forward position, with pred to cover an advance needed, the tactical get combat squaded as well, missiles stay behind in firing positions, second halves advance in tandem with sternguard, to support and claim objectives.
Devs are very expensive and I think the mixing of heavy weapons is off. Why not put both missle launchers in one squad and both plasma cannons in the other?

Dont forget heavy flamers for the Sternguard!!!! They are actually assault weapons and can soften up most any unit before you charge. I never let my primary SG unit leave home without one. (I really need to make another too.)
Also see if you can find some room to put some weapons on your SGTs. If the Librarian is going he will strike at Init with his force weapon (counts as power weapon) but maybe get a fist on the SGT to add some extra punch.
Is your razor back standard with Heavy Bolters?

The Predator is cute but seeing as it is the only armored threat you are fielding, it will get shut down easy. I would recommend scrapping it and using those 85 points for special weapons on some of your SGTs and maybe throwing some extra armor on the razor back so that at least it can keep moving even if it cant shoot.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

Ok, so horde list, I hope to see many templates...:p

What powers does he have? I would suggest Null Zone and Gate of Infinity. If not Null Zone, then Smite.

Good, like this very much.

Same as above.

Again, liking this very much.

Can't really fault this either.

Ahh Devastators...not my favourite unit! If you insist on taking them, well firstly your weapon loadouts are all wrong. You don't wanna mix anti-infantry and anti-tank. Stick to 4 ML, 4 LC, etc for heavy armour, and 4 Heavy Bolters etc for anti-infantry.

Same as above mate.

Nice for anti-infantry.

I would suggest replacing those devastators (which are very expensive btw) for vindicators. S10 large blast against horde will decimate those tyranids. 115 points, no need to upgrade. Get 2 for a single price of 5 devastator (near enough)

So in short, very nice list bar your heavy support. Get rid of the devastators and replace them with vindicators. You can keep a dakka pred (upgrade it some more for anti-infantry though with the spare points) and get some more units in. I think you will have around 250 points spare if you replace both devastator squads with vindicators. Sweet!
Hope this helps mate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts