·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

After some time, i wanna try a variation of an old 1500 list:

HQ:
-Typhus
-Daemon Prince (Nurgle,Wings,Armour,Black Mace)

Elite:
-Terminator x3 (3 CombiMelta, Chainfist, MoN)
-Terminator x3 (3 CombiMelta, Chainfist, MoN)

Troops:
-Plague Marines x7 (2 Plasma Rifle, Rhino)
-Plague Marines x7 (2 Plasma Rifle, Rhino)

Heavy Support:
-Predator (Lascannons)
-Obliterator X2 (MoN, VotLW)

These are 1494 Points if im not wrong.

I have other units like:
-Raptors
-CSM
-Khorne Berserkers

And can get 2 additional Obliterators, a MaulerFiend , a Defiler or some Plague (I want 5 more to put 2 flamers).

Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
358 Posts
typhus in a unit of 35 zombies (i used vs my friend last week he killed my whole army and typhus just walked though his with his zombie shield includein winning 8 challages)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was planning to buy a Zombie Apocalypse Marines... In a month or two...(Xmas and $tuff)

Are they vital for a Typhus (Like the Helldrakes in almost every list i read) ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Are they vital for a Typhus
Not vital. Just a cheap, tough to kill (by tough i mean FnP) unit to slot him into and unleash the destroyer hive with (against hordes - or anyone really with say - 35 zombies). Another effective way to deliver Typhus is to take Huron as your warlord, and infiltrate Typhus with either a squad of termis (5 or more) or 5 chaos spawn. Infiltrating Typhus with his hard to kill, massacring squad and getting into close combat by turn 2. Of course then you dont get your flying D Prince but when you have typhus in combat by turn 2 he's done more killing than your daemon has already done. You could, with this list, exchange that Prince for Huron and possibly roll to infiltrate 2 squads and have Huron in the other terminator squad and have the 2 squads move in from 2 sides. The down side is, your plague marines won't be troop choices. I'd take regular marines instead as plague marines really need transport. 2 squads of 10 with an autocannon and a plasma in each will wreck a lot of stuff at 24" and beyond, and with MoN they'll still be tough to kill on their objectives. Any spare points go towards cultists for line breakers or last minute objectives.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Huron infiltrating Typhus with some nurgle chaos spawn is probably the best way of delivering him. He is getting the charge turn 2. You cannot do that when deep striking and you subject yourself to a turn of shooting. You could use a Land Raider and maybe get a turn 2 charge if you are lucky, but I honestly have no idea how a Chaos Land Raider would work out.

As for Zombies: They are probably the best troop choice chaos have. Yeah, you can do cool stuff with CSM, like slaaneshi marks with a close combat weapon (3 attacks at I5 each), or nurgle mark them in a squad of 20 to make a hard as nails midfield scoring unit, but the cost effectiveness of zombies cannot be beat in my opinion.
Zombies never run away because they are fearless. They have FNP so don't have to worry too much about cover. Those points make them infinitely better than Cultists.

Flaws? They are slow and purposeful so you cannot run them. Putting Typhus in a blob of them is effective, but it means you aren't using Typhus until turn 3 or 4. That just feels like a waste of his abilities. He is meant to be killing stuff in the thick of it as early as possible. But if you aren't taking Huron this is still probably your best option after putting him Chaos Spawns.

Those Mantic game zombies are great models. Think I have some in my link below. Very reasonable price, good sculpts, fun to paint.

Ultimately, I think it's always best to back up your zombies with faster troop choices who can actually shoot. Perhaps Plague Marines in a rhino, or just normal Chaos Space Marines, and/or a barebones 50pt x10 Cultist squad in reserve to claim that home objective (they can go to ground unlike zombies). It depends on what you are going for. But I think part of Typhus' price tag is his ability to take zombies, so I always do as it feels a waste not too. Not saying it's absolutely essential though.

SF

PS oh yeah, keep Typhus away from dreadnoughts and demolisher cannons, they will instakill him with str10. Force Weapons too. Other than that he is pretty much an unstoppable rape train and opponents fear him for a good reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts